• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'Defiance'

tiking

This is a diorama I have been working on for some time now. It has taken a while and the major factor of that is the figures. As I am not a figure painting individual, I wanted to take as much time as possible with this diorama as to not compromise the entirety of it, due to bad figure painting. I have a little detail to add but it is complete now as-is. It's only the name, I am not too certain about. I wanted 'Rebellion' but I saw it was already taken by another fantastic diorama by a fellow modeller. So, if you all have a better name than what I already have; with impact to the diorama, I would be very grateful.

The diorama is based during the Libyan conflict. The opposition is holding ground in a nearby compound where they are at a stand-off with government troops, loyal to Khadaffi. They get extra reinforcement from two fellow komparerades who are running towards the on-going fire-fight.hope you all like this build as well as my figure painting.

The diorama is based during the Libyan conflict. The opposition is holding ground in a nearby compound where they are at a stand-off with government troops, loyal to Khadaffi. They get extra reinforcement from two fellow komparerades who are running towards the on-going fire-fight. I hope you all like this build as well as my figure painting skills. I think I have improved just a little since my last figure painting job.

'Re-enforcement'

Great scene Charles- really like the detail you've captured...looking online at the thesaurus, some synonyms for rebellion:

Defiance
Insurgency
Insurrection
Uprising

'Re-enforcement'

Great scene Charles- really like the detail you've captured...looking online at the thesaurus, some synonyms for rebellion:

Defiance
Insurgency
Insurrection
Uprising

Wow! I did not think of that. Thank you very much indeed. Defiance is a word I like very much. I had another person recommend 'Skirmish'. But 'Defiance' seems to suit this better...I think.

'Re-enforcement'

Added a title to the diorama. It is made out of foamboard, which I made myself.
Thanks to Jeeves for suggesting the name.

Magnificent work Charles! I don't know why you think you can't paint figures; these look fantastic! Looks like you hit another one out of the park!

Magnificent work Charles! I don't know why you think you can't paint figures; these look fantastic! Looks like you hit another one out of the park!

Thanks buddy for the encouragement. I just feel my technic is not quite adequate, after seeing other's great work.

Really nice diorama with a lot of dramatic and dynamic action. Nice eye for the little details. Nicely displayed - really like how you made the title.

Overall - EXCELLENT!

Cheers,
James

Thanks again James. After that pic was taken I did some paint touch-ups here and there to high-light certain areas.I probably will re-do it at a later date.

Back