• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Lest we forget" behind every stone is a story...

Bagge

My latest vignette is ready, it was a fast build, 3weeks in total i think.

The base is an old candleholder in tin that was ment to be melted down to tin soldiers, but it fits better here :)

Figure from MasterBox and the gravestones were first made from plaster and then cast in resin.

P1100132.JPG

P1100133.JPG

P1100134.JPG

The small remembrance cross was a real challenge, and the poppy too :frantic
P1100135.JPG

P1100136.JPG

P1100137.JPG

P1100138.JPG

Never forget!

:salute

Thanks guys for the nice feedback :)

Yes I got this idea in my head and just had to do it, and I am happy I finished it too :blush:

It's humbling when you see all the rows with graves, and so many of them without name,

just the line "KNOWN UNTO GOD"

Now back to cleaning up my desk and start with my swedish diorama again :)
:soldier

Awesome Matts. Gives one shivers almost like walking through the real cemetery. They are special places and this is a special vignette.
James

This little vignette brings it all home. "All gave some-some gave all"
There is just something sombering yet awe inspiring about a war cemetery with all the stones lined up perfect along with a half-mast flag.
It stops (at least it should) and makes you think about what real sacrifice is all about. Those men and women buried under those markers are not just a casualties of war, but they are husbands, wives, sons and daughters.
They are real people like us and they should NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!
Outstanding job on what you've built my friend!

Tim

All I can sayn is "what everyone else said" !

Excellent thought and execution Matts! Looking at your hand in that one photo, this is really a small viganette.

Thanks again for all the nice comments! :blush:

Yes it's not a big diorama and i wanted to do something that was not too complicated that i could finish within a month or so as a break from the other projects.

Will try to enter this in a competition and see if it is good enough to get a price...

Greetings
Mats

Back