• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hunters and Gatherers

Jeeves

I am making this vignette in honor of Shep Paine...I know there was talk about having a section set up for these- so hopefully if that ever happens I can transfer this over- but it fits here for now :)

Was going to use this Miniart base for my Sturmtiger build- but as it turned out, the sheds didn't leave enough room for the massive assault gun so I changed it up...
100_8214.jpg

Going to add these figures-- plan on them coming out of the left side shed as a coop...
100_8216.jpg

And they are coming out to bring their spoils to the cooks :) I am still waiting on the Riich models version as it has a detached horse that I could add to the run-in shed on the base...but this came with all sorts of awesome foodstuff extras that I really liked....
100_8217.jpg

Haven't started the base yet- but I couldn't resist working on the kitchen...
100_8218.jpg

100_8219.jpg

Plan on putting some soup of some sort in the center kettle-- have to research what was in the side containers and I think I'll add those as well....

Thanks all! Seeing the pic I see my stove stack came undone a scootch...got to reclamp and reglue :)

Looks like our chef Wilhelm has cooked up some ham and cabbage soup-- with a fresh tank of coffee to the side ;)
100_8226.jpg

100_8227.jpg

Thanks Mike, Glenn, Luiz, and Bob!

Just in time for St. Patty's Day Glenn!! ;)

Bob--

For the soup, I put in a drop of Vallejo Olive Drab and a drop of Khaki...then used a syringe to add Realistic Water and swirled it all around. For the ham, I figured using the bits of eraser shavings off of a Ticonderoga pencil would do the trick- so I ran the eraser over some sandpaper and voila!

The coffee side is just a drop of black and brown mixed with the Realistic Water ;)

Been tooling around starting to paint the figgies...nothing worth taking pics for yet-- but here is the outbuildings so far...waiting on the roof oils to dry...
100_8396.jpg

100_8397.jpg

Back