• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Big plans "Update 4/21/17 "

Cheyenne

Don't know if I posted this already but finished building my front steps .

Got some Xmas stuff , more coming this week .

Got a Gargoyle

Moved my modeling room once again ...............................

Started this little project , an early German public pool , to be a ruin tho .
Ref photo ......

The ref photo shows a 1930's - 1940's German public pool in the early 1940's .
For the time period it appears to be very modern .
My build will be a little more Victorian architecturally [ had to look up that spelling ] and of course bombed out , yet not straying to much from the photo .
My build time frame will be late 1944 , early 1945 somewhere in Germany near the Belgian border or maybe deeper into Germany , as the build progresses so will the location .

It's gonna be a long ride but I'm back to doing what I love and I'm havin fun !!!

Any questions ................... B)

Big plans

How you gonna fit that Vosper in the pool? :woohoo:

Glenn, glad you're back on the bench, hope it's a long hard winter up there and you get plenty of time to work on this! :popcorn

Big plans

Holy Smokes that's a Christmas haul.

You'll love the MTB, just double check the parts list when you get a chance. I got mine as a preorder and it was missing an entire sprue. They made good on it, but I had to send in a UPC as proof of purchase, so by the time I got the sprue (with a lot of back and forth), the build was off the bench and never got back into the lineup.

Project looks amazing, I'll be paying attention.

What's the deal with the skeletal stuff on the bench, are they carved wood, cast resin?

Big plans

:notworthy Excellent work on the stairs..... i love ruins and wrecks,
i will be following this with much anticipation.
It reminds me of a picture i have seen...
A Fw 190 belly landed next to a outdoor swimming pool
(Also a great dio subject) (y)

Big plans

Ausf , thanks man , they're resin and German steel , sharp and pointy .
I checked the Vosper and all parts accounted for B)
This was a buy I couldn't pass up 89 bucks at Dragon USA , now it sits with my 1/35TH PT 596 and Schnellboot .

Piet , thanks man , kinda partial to ruins meself .
If you could find that F190 wreck by the pool ref pic I'd love it !!!

Pup , thanks bro , waddya mean fit it in the pool , .................... hey that gives me an idea , ......... nah .

Big plans

Not the best pics ....in my memory they where BIGGER :v

hec3faa7.jpg

ha3249cf.jpg

h4f6d847.jpg

hc40d653.jpg

The arial picture (from the late 50's ) the red X are the soccer goal posts and the arrow is approx the spot where the Fw 190 landed

h86046d4.jpg

ha3249cf_2016-01-03.jpg

Crash of the "white 12"

Bernhard Kunze after a
Dogfight.

Drachten
(Netherlands Friesland).

Here some info on the pilot.
http://www.bernhard-kunze.de/galerie.htm

Big plans

Thanks Luiz , alot of Miller Lites went into those stairs .

Piet , awesome pics and read on the FW90 , thanks man .

Big plans update 1/17/16

James , Randy , Mike , thanks guys .

Finished up some stair work .

And some more Xmas presents for the dio , well some of them for the dio .
I'm gonna put the flak 43 in the back of the L4500 maultier with an ammo trailer .

Big plans 1/12/16

More work , Golden Oak Minwax stain , needs some touch ups cus the stain does not penetrate wood glue .

Might have some more tonight [ playin hookey from work B) ] .

Don't know if I'll be keepin the humming bird statue , I like it but will see as the build progresses and see where it's going .

Like Stimey of Little Rascals fame once said " I don't know where I'm goin , but I'm on my way " .

Big plans 1/12/16

That's a nice touch, neat little detail that folks will pick up on. So how do you touch up stain on something that doesn't accept stain?

Big plans

Hey Pup , ..................... brown paint .

It's gonna have alot of debris and dust and stuff everywhere so I might not even have to touch it up anyhoo .

By the by , how innahell do I change/amend my title Big plans to like ..... Big plans update 1/12/16 , I tried but Wally Timberthumbs here can't figure it out .
I'd like to do this so's everyone knows there's an update .

Big plans

Topic title changed. You go to the first post and edit. If you have the rights you should be able to change the topic name.

Oh and by the way what you are doing is fantastic.

B)

Back