• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Start of a diorama, "what if" Sweden 1946.

Bagge

It will take a while before i start with the actual diorama, so far i'm busy with the Sd.Kfz.8 halftrack and the 12,8cm kanone for it.

But i thought i start with the first building, not a big one but an important one! :coolio

It's made out of 1mm evergreen sheets, that has been scribed to give it a wood texture.

P1080273.JPG

P1080277.JPG

P1080284.JPG

P1080285.JPG

P1080286.JPG

This poster will hang on the wall in the outhouse, it was a famous one in sweden during the war, telling you to be quiet. it says "a swedish tiger" but tiger in swedish have two meanings, first the animal but also "hold your mouth"

P1080287.JPG

//Mats

Looks great Mats! (y)

Man this brings back memories,my grandparents used to have such a Sh*ty thing. ;)
Freezing cold at winter,and you had to wipe with pieces of newspaper spiked on a metal rod.

Gr,Ron.

T.M.I. from Ron!!!

I've been some rough places but I think I always had TP handy.

Great looking wood Mats, you do a fine job on that once again. :popcorn

What a crappy idea for a diorama :rotf :rotf Just kidding, this should be very interesting.
James

Looks great Mats! (y)

Man this brings back memories,my grandparents used to have such a Sh*ty thing. ;)
Freezing cold at winter,and you had to wipe with pieces of newspaper spiked on a metal rod.

Gr,Ron.

yes they were not the most comfortable but better than sitting outside behind a bush :)

I must get new ink so i can print out some newspapers to like you said Ron, they used that in sweden to, if they had bad quality ink than you had a black behind!

Thanks Bob, i find it fun to make these wooden thingies, now i just have to paint it so it looks good to... started a little on the inside and i'm trying to make the roof to, have the roofing tiles from Juweela.
First time i try them and it's looking very nice, but a lot of work :facepalm

//Mats

Looks great Mats! (y)

Gr,Ron.

I would just as soon try to forget those days :S

Rooftiles are in place and i painted the first basecolor, humbrol brick red

P1080298~0.JPG

P1080299~0.JPG

P1080300~0.JPG

It was a little work to get the tiles good but it was well worth it, for a bigger roof you must count with a long and boring job adding all the individual tiles :facepalm

//Mats

Thanks Bob :drinks

Painted the inside, walls have a faded white paint, floor and seat will be woodcolor (just need some drybrushing).

P1080301~0.JPG

P1080302~0.JPG

P1080306~0.JPG

Gonna have to paint some dark color down there... :facepalm

P1080304~0.JPG

Must find a good match to the swedish red now so i can paint the outside.

//Mats

Well done Mats! (y)
Got the same Juweela tiles in my stash,but haven't used them so far.

Maybe add some splinters on to the seat for that good old 'Ouch..hell,devil,dang it" feeling. :rotf

Greetings,Ron.

They look nice but to make them fit good together you must cut of 2 corners, just a small piece, but then they fit perfect.

Yeah i have a lot of things going on right now :bang head but i'm gonna try to finish a couple of dioramas that i planned during next year, hope i can do it :idonno

//Mats

Think i have the red color figured out

P1080307~0.JPG

P1080308~0.JPG

P1080311~0.JPG

This is what the real thing looks like, they have many different shades depending on age and weather etc.

falurodfarg.jpg

//Mats

always a window Bob! you must be able to enjoy the sunrise when you sit there early in the morning :D
//Mats

Here is where the outhouse is at the moment

P1080325~0.JPG

Will add this beast to the diorama/dioramas :hmmm

P1080721.JPG

Some small additions to the model, pins to hold the fenders

P1080723.JPG

Added some plastic around the opening because the doors will be left open

P1080724.JPG

Scribed some gas cut features on the edges

P1080725~0.JPG

P1080726.JPG

Now time to start to modify the Mörser 18 that James sent me so that it fits inside the hull of the tank...

//Mats

Back