• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

British light tank Mark VI C Malta

JSteinman

Master at Arms
On deck project.

h1ca0dc3.jpeg

hcbc856e.jpeg

h10ee5e7.jpg

Final mock-up. The area behind the wall will be level with the wall top. Not sure what I am going to do for the road surface. I do want a grass strip down the middle.

h1012f94.jpg

hc89f6e1.jpg

Flat roof? Peaked roof?

This is all I have found so far for Maltese roof types: (to me this looks like Tuscany, but the caption said Malta...)

hc13a811.jpg

Other less clear shots:
h65e3830.jpg

h7c0aac9.jpg

h7443c15.jpg

So I took a drive around modern Malta via google maps, and except for some seaside wooden structures, most of the rooves are flat stone blocks or concrete with vegetation growing on them...

hc919980.JPG

My not be exactly correct, but I think the pitched roof gives a better visual presentation.

Just my 2 cents - your project.

:popcorn

Some progress to report on this project. Used the Proxxon to cut the big blue block of foam to shape, then my pyrograve to cut individual stones. Still a looong way to go so stay tuned!

h8d0ebbf.jpeg

h30ef3d7_2019-08-21.jpeg

Back