• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adam Wilder's SBS videos on you tube.

JSteinman

Master at Arms
If you have not watched this series, you are missing out big time. Adam goes step by step (one per video) and pretty much shows how to get you out of your comfort zone. I give this 5 stars.

Link to Videos

Thanks John, I'll definitely give it look.

But 27 videos on weathering the same tank? It must be some serious depth.

Yes the series is long - but you can take what you want from it. It is very indepth and well produced. I don't know if you remember the spit technique joke on the LEM, but the 9th video made me think of that and laugh. I don't think I would use that technique very much, except for a derelict.

Yes the series is long - but you can take what you want from it. It is very indepth and well produced. I don't know if you remember the spit technique joke on the LEM, but the 9th video made me think of that and laugh. I don't think I would use that technique very much, except for a derelict.

Jeff you a former Lemmer? :huh:

Thanks for the link John, will check it out later. :good:

There were so many bits back then, I can't remember the spit technique specifically.

Yep Pup, I was from the beginning, I think we've discussed that a while ago before the final closing of it (if it is done), I know it was someone here.

There were so many bits back then, I can't remember the spit technique specifically.

Yep Pup, I was from the beginning, I think we've discussed that a while ago before the final closing of it (if it is done), I know it was someone here.

Might have, can't remember shit now... hell getting old. :eek:ldguy :bang head

Ditto MP.
John, thanks for posting. I have heard a lot about Adam and have wondered about his books. I'll watch the videos and see if they can help me some. Many thanks.
James

Okay I just finished the series - I watch a little bit at lunch and on my phone while waiting around for kids and such. While Adam has a very brash style, there is sooooo much to learn from this series, that if you really want to punch up the quality of your work you are a FOOL if you don't spend the time to watch these. Everything else aside Adam gives you a cookbook SBS from start to finish. Build one less model this year and try go along with Adam on a build - you won't be sorry.

I have nothing to gain by promoting Adam. I have no affiliation other than I have meet him and chatted with him a couple times. Actually my only gain is I get to look at better finished models!

GET OFF YER ARSE AND MAKE THE EFFORT!!!!!! :good: :good: :good: :good:

I also recommend his two books. One on building and the other on finishing. Funny thing is that the second book sells much better.

Regards,

Back