• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New Football figure.Chris Massey #45 Chicago Bears

Joe Hudson

Master at Arms
After not doing anything for a very long time :idonno I have finally finished up another football custom of Chris Massey. He was the long snapper for the Rams but released due to his large salary this year but the Chicago Bears picked him up. His wife asked me about 2 weeks ago if I could do one for him in his Bears outfit for a Christmas gift. So before I could think I said sure and then realized I have not done or completed anything for a very long time! Well I am glad to say I did finish up something and here it is. All comments welcomed.

Joe
Chris and my son at his football practice

7_708384.jpg

and with Brody at Rams traing camp 2010
P8010206.jpg

PC220577.jpg

PC220590.jpg

PC220587.jpg

PC220583.jpg

PC220581.jpg

PC220578.jpg

PC220577.jpg

Very cool Joe!! I love these and I'm glad you are back in the game.

Terry B)

I am NOT into football or any other sports with overpaid athletes but I am DEFINITELY into the high level of art you bring with your custom builds!

WOW!

Regards,

never seen a kit of these- is this a redone McFarlane toy? They make tons of the single sports figures now. Great job no matter what it started out as.

Thank you all for the kind words . I am glad to finally get something completed and hoping to continue doing so on a few other things soon!

Yes, it is a converted/modified McFarlane. I have done several for different NFL players and have several more guys asking for one.

Joe

Very nice work Joe. Really like the skin tones you do. How do you make the name? It looks perfect.
James

Thank you all for the kind words. It has been some time and so glad to get something finally done! :dance The name plate and numbers are decals that I print out and then repaint over, highlighting and shadowing. The arm tattoo's were done by a friend of mine. He drew them out in full scale and I then reduced them down to the correct size. I then had them printed out on laser decal paper. Hope this helps.
Joe

Chris actually just left the house and was really happy with it. He wants me to do several others in different uniforms. He was very kind to my sons and gave them each a pair of game used cleats and signed tons of pictures for their friends, coaches and teachers.

Here are some pictures of Chris's visit.

P1050608.jpg

P1050609.jpg

JOE ,

WoW ! Cool lookin' figure ! Smokin' job all th way around ! Do you have any plans to do any of th Greats from th Game ? ....... th 1st. one that comes to mind in Mr. Steel Curtain himself .....

jacklambert02pf-1.jpeg

Back