• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T-47 Sandspeeder

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
I started messing with a Bandia 1/48 Snowspeeder on and off about a month ago for a couple nights. The kit is really nice, what messed me up was the display stand. I was looking at it and said to bad I couldn't camouflage it some how.

So I decided to make the thing into a Sandspeeder for the last battle of Empire vs Rebellion. All that was so I can try and hide the display stand. Armed with one off mind, no plans, a drill, drill bits and some styrene. I worked on making a chunk of a crashed/wrecked spaceship.

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1127.JPG

IMG_1129.JPG

I then I got some parts of the kit ready for some paint.

IMG_1128.JPG

I'm looking to add some more bits the the wreckage as it looks very plain still to me. I need to make a run to Denver for more styrene or look to internet. I was in Wichita all last week and didn't even think about checking on a hobby store :vmad

I'll say this was fun and relaxing as it should be. I keep running my projects to the point of I need to do to much thinking about what I'm doing.

Spent last night trying to get the space ship wreckage to look busy

Added aluminum pipes cut at different lengths. Then damaged the ends with pliers. Super glued them in place. I used a couple pieces of styrene tubes for the bigger one. The connection point I covered with a piece of styrene strip and then made what could be mount points with some more styrene strip.

IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1244.JPG

IMG_1245.JPG

IMG_1246.JPG

I then realized I had made a kick stand. So I used it for some pictures :facepalm
IMG_1247.JPG

IMG_1248.JPG

I've got to run have some meetings today hopefully this afternoon I get something else done

Thanks guys

I added some more tubes after the last post and now trying to decide if I should just prime it. The whole reason to build this part was to camouflage the stand.

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1355.JPG

Back