• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aurora Demolition Demon.

ausf

Master at Arms
I've waited a long time to find/build this one. If you've missed the previous discussions, this was my first model at 4 years old back in '69.

Start pics first. Box, instructions in pretty good shape for a 50 year old kit. I got it from a seller in Italy, capping a very long search mission.

he5d045d_2018-12-08.jpg

h5bfe729_2018-12-08.jpg

h7ef1e06_2018-12-08.jpg

h27387da_2018-12-08.jpg

h3a52b14_2018-12-08.jpg

Construction was straight forward. These are pretty well engineered kits, especially considering the era.

I built the sub assemblies as far as I could, next up will be some putty work, then paint. These older ones take some creative clamping, I have no idea how I managed it as a kid.

hc5d3ab3.jpg

hc6ddc42.jpg

The Holidays killed the bench time, plus my idiot self thought it'd be good to sculpt a driver to match the box art...

But here is where it is now. I need to paint the interior, mask it off, assemble, then putty the exterior, paint and mask and paint and mask.

h3d0f951.jpg

Oh and also print some decals too:

h4ec13b2.jpg

Back