• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moebius Bride Of.

ausf

Master at Arms
I royally screwed up my wrist, sculpting and assembly will take a back seat for a while, so I pulled this kit off the shelf to finish since it was assembled and in primer.

I started blocking out Elsa's face, but I'm not sure which eye is more convincing. I need to match one to the other in size, etc, any opinions?

I like the smaller size of her right, but the left may look more terrified.

The sculpt is very nice but blank and she has a very distinct expression in the film.

hff3bceb.jpg

I'd say you nailed it, most folks have one eye different than the other anyway. :ro: (y)

Thanks Mike. It may be that the right isn't round that's bugging me.

Plus this closeup, everything stands out.

Thanks Mike. It may be that the right isn't round that's bugging me.

Plus this closeup, everything stands out.

Bingo, that's what I was going to say, her right eye is a bit unround. :blink

Amazing so far. :dude

I repositioned the eyes since they weren't even looking at the Monster when placed on the base.

I tried using masks to get the irises the same size this time.

Just need to fix her right one, otherwise I think I'm ready to move on to the face.

h38fa85a.jpg

:dance i like the redo much better. The eyes didn't look like they were looking in the same direction in the first one. :good:

The black and white is throwing me off a little bit. I am also thinking on how I would go about painting this which isn't any help either. Some of that is because of all the large painted figure kits I have been studying this last year. Ways to paint eyebrows, eyes, skin tone and a few other tricks some of which I have been visualizing in my head.

I know still no real help.

The eyes looking off to the left does give the impression that she is looking at something. Looking good so far Jeff!

As for the wrist, hope it heals up soon. I work with my hands and don't know what I would do if one was messed up and I couldn't work or do the things I enjoy. :zen :zen :zen :zen

What is "Thinnerline"? I have not heard of it before.

What is "Thinnerline"? I have not heard of it before.

This:

https://shadowhobby.com/tlcc-000-thinnerline-circle-cutter.html

Best hobby related purchase I've made in years.

I really like painting in black and white, but when I did the Munsters I was just copying the absurd stage makeup they wore. This will be a real test to get realistic tones because I'm starting to realize how much it handcuffs you. I've also realized no matter how hard I try to keep the palette clear, it does give off some blue tint. I have to add orange to the black. You can see the difference between the two photos, it's the same camera, settings and lighting, second one has glaze coat of grey with orange.

Yeah Paul, slight injuries like this really hit above their weight because of location. Right wrist means not only no bass, no drums, no throwing a ball for the dog, but simple things like using a pen, a knife, brushing your teeth, beating an egg. I broke a pane in a double hung window because I couldn't use get leverage with my right, I had to hit it with left and shattered the glass.

Looking good my friend. That Thinnerline is pretty cool. It uses vinyl cutter blades I see.

Back