• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hoping to start modeling again soon

JamesOLeary

Master at Arms
Due to the new job, closing on our new house, our dog having seizures then passing away, moving our household goods from Texas to Oklahoma, and then trying to take care of my parents, things these past two months have been pretty hectic and I just haven't had time to do any modeling other than getting new kits to build when things calm down and I can get back to the workbench. It has been killing me not to be able to work on anything. Hopefully once I return from the Army Basic Museum Training Course in April I will be able to hit the workbench again.

Cheers,
James

Sorry things have been so hectic and difficult. Wishing you all the best.

:zen

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your companion. Hope all is well and fantastic on the new job. I wish we had a course like that up here. I was curator of the Air Force Museum for 3 months and then it had to go out for tender. Some Archeologist got it because she had the education. 27 years of military didnt count for diddly. She didnt even know what anything was. I'm sure you will enjoy it though as its very rewarding, especially when school tours come in.
James

Sorry to hear about your loos of the pet, James. Congrats on the new job and glad to see that you are closer. Maybe you can get to soonercon again this year. If you are anywhere close to Tulsa we are having our contest this weekend.

Thanks for the support, guys. I greatly appreciate it. The Basic Museum Training Course was actually a pretty good one. I learned quite a bit and I got the chance to have dinner with my friend Bill Rambow whose squad and track is depicted in my "Breakfast in the Boonies" diorama. We also went to see the war memorials in DC. It was a nice visit. Since I have been back I had to catch up on work that accumulated while I was gone and have done a few Soldier Training events and will be giving my first school tour tomorrow.

Paul, I really wanted to go to the Tulsa IPMS show, but the timing just did not work out for me. I will be at the Tulsa Figure Show and Soonercon, so I will see you in June.

Cheers,
James

Back