• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HAPPY NEW YEAR from Alabaster, ALABAMA USA

Hey y'all I have been a member of this "family" for 3 months now haven't been posting a lot. I thought I had intro'd myself when I joined-- I didn't!!

Hey everyone and ROLL TIDE!!!! ;)

Sorry I haven't responded sooner but I was under assault from a type of virus called a ROOTKIT. Nasty!!!! But I'm back. Thanks for the kindness. I will post pics of stuff I have done in 2011.

After a long hiatus (12 years or so but I kept BUYing models...) I started back building in Feb 2010. Where should I post my "retrospective" thread?

You can call me John if you wanna I use DaneBramage because people will recognize it from other forums I'm a forum Ho!!!LOL. Also I pimp my model store occasionally So if you have something you're looking for I might have it. I also price my stuff for poor folks because my philosophy is that you don't make a great model by throwing money at it.

It's about having fun in my book. I can't afford 300 bucks for ONE model. just sounds wrong.... anyways I'm old

BTW DaneBramage comes from my status as a recovering Alcoholic....

Hi John!

I know you from another forum,good to have you here!
Please be free to post some of your stuff here on MA.Like Mr T said you could do your 'retrospestive' in the Lounge section.

Greetings,Ron.

emoticons-incredimail-pets_-_kopie.jpg

Please just remember that I had quit modeling in 2001 and didn't start back until June 2010. I was solely a tank modeler (and some sci fi and monsters :)) and had never built a complete aircraft. (as a kid i would usually just glue it together and slap the decals on it same with car models) So this past year and a half has been filled with firsts for me!!! I am like a kid all over. Since June 2010 I have completed 10 models of various subject matter. Tanks planes jets a kubelwagen and diorama of a german howitzer.

Will post a few pics of each later. Please remember be gentle. The aircraft are the first I have ever painted inside and out (I did one FW190 when I was 12-13 and painted the outside and ruined it prolly why I went to tanks..LOL) I am by no means no rivet counter and the only PE or resin will be the stuff that came in the box with the styrene and I am a work in progress so there's a learning curve. ( I did use some AM PE screens with a couple of 1/25 Academy kits I found them cheap online I may ese pe screens down the road...)

Any thanks for reading this so you'll know LOL.

Thanks
John aka DaneBramage

Back