• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello from Lund, Sweden!

denstore

Hi from a rainy, cold Sweden!

My name is Magnus, and I have been lurking around for a year, but I haven't come around to do my introduction until now.
Main interests are 1/48 aircraft of most periods, but with a focus on biplanes, and RN aircraft of any period, 1/350 WWII ships and sometimes 1/48 armour. Have a few Sci-fi kits in the stash as well....
Have very few kits of Swedish stuff, but will happily answer or redirect anyone in need on the matter.
Besides kits, I also have a deep interest in airbrushes, and have recently picked up photography as well.
I have a build/buy ratio of about 200/1, and suffer of severe ams...;)
Started building models as a child, had the usual break in my late teens and early 20's. Have been judging at contests since the late 90's, and can count finished kits since on one hand. :D

Welcome, Magnus- from bright and sunny Los Angeles! It sounds like you and I are kindred spirits- so many kits, so much AMS! I look forward to seeing what you have had a chance to build- or at least some in-progress pics of your latest.

Cheers!
chuk

Welcome Magnus. Good to see you and we seem to be in the same boat. Look forward to seeing your planes and boats. A ship building campaign (group build) started today. Maybe you'll join and we can edge each other on :D
James

Welcome to MA Magnus. We are always glad to have to new faces. Pull up a chair and show us your stuff.

Joe

Another Swede! :blink We already got BAGGE/Mats who is living in Belgium but comes from Sweden.

WELCOME,Magnus!

greetings,Ron.

Magnus welcome to Modelers Alliance! I look forward to seeing your work.

Terry B)

vnster.jpg
Thanks all!

No pictures to show right now. 2011 was an extremly bad year for me, modelling and personal. So, nothing to show at the moment.
Last things I managed to put together was about a year ago, and everything is stuffed away.
Moved to a house not long ago, and everything is still in boxes.
Will start moving into my hobby room next week, and hopefully it will lead to some serious modelling.
Finally I will have room to keep things as I want. One desk for modelling, one desk for the computer and one corner setup for photography.

My wife says I'm a loony, much because the first thing I organised in the whole house was my walk in closet, that I claimed for my stash....

MAGNUS ,

Welcome to M.A. !! WoW ! Great Stash ... I spy some of that 1/48th scale Armor :drinks ... which is a good thing !

I look forward to seein some of Your Builds. I hear ya on havin' a bad Year. The Last 1/4 of 2011 was not a good one for Me. But I've been reinvigorated & am hittin th Panzer Shoppe !!

Question : Do you know if any one makes a Kit of the Swedish S-Tank ??? That's a cool lookin' Tank !!

See ya on th Boards !! Happy New Year !

:erik

Sure. Happy to be of help. The S-tank is really called STRV 103. The earlier ones, used up until the 70's are the 103B and the later, upgraded ones are the 103C.
As models the 103 is represented in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/35.
Trumpeter has made it in 1/72. Don't know if there's one in any other small scale. From what I've heard, the 1/72 kit is quite good.
In 1/48 the only choices are Tamiya and Academy, the later a copy of the first, I think. Both are crude and toylike.
In 1/35, it is Trumpeter again. The kit is quite good, though a bit short, 3/5" (10mm). But overall a decent kit. The only better alternative is the hard to find Accurate Armour resin kit.

Sorry to hear about your last quarter. Times are tough, and sometimes it feels like everything is against you. But sooner or later things usually turn to the better.

Välkommen Magnus! :) i lived a little bit further north from where you live, In Laxå/Örebro län.
Many nice kits in the stash i see :D my major interest is armor and sci-fi, i'm working on the Strv 122 and i also have the S-tank from trumpeter in the stash.
But as many other members here there is alot going on that's not finnished.....
I hope you will find this a nice and friendly place and there is always someone here if you need help with something!
God fortsättning på 2012 och jag hoppas att det blir ett bra byggår :)
//Mats

Hi Magnus!

I noticed you first in the airbrush thread, sorry I missed you here. I know what you mean, my AMS is getting so bad lately
I almost dread going to the model room. Gotta get over that.

I don't have much interest in modern armor and know next to nothing about Swedish tanks, but really want to build an
S-Tank. Lots of cool paint schemes.

Welcome!
Tom

Thanks guys!

@SA Dave: Sun would be nice. It comes up after 8 in the morning, and goes down before 4. Sweden isn't ideal in the winter.... :D

@TomN: I have exactly that feeling sometimes! It's like a constant struggle to find excuses on why to not build. My wife hates it, especially since I occupied the best room in the house to be my hobbyroom/office....:)

Heheh...my wife just rolls her eyes and tells me I'm insane.

Last night I told her I was going to try to put tracks on a model and that I was scared. She patted me on the head and
said "You'll be fine". Then probably rolled hers eyes again as I walked away. :laugh:

Tom

Heheh...my wife just rolls her eyes and tells me I'm insane.

Last night I told her I was going to try to put tracks on a model and that I was scared. She patted me on the head and
said "You'll be fine". Then probably rolled hers eyes again as I walked away. :laugh:

Tom

:rotf

Some things seem to be international. Possibly universal.... :D

Hi Magnus,

Welcome to Modeler's Alliance! I have visited Malmo several times and once to Lund which is nearby if my memory serves. Do you know Anders Heintz? Anyway, a great bunch of guys here, you will enjoy this site!

Bob

Back