• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello from Oregon

nerdling

I just thought I'd introduce myself here. I'm from the amazing state of Oregon. Although not the good part of Oregon. I've been building models for most of my life now. I mostly stick to 1/48 World War 2 kits, but will venture into other builds from time to time. Most of you guys from Swannys will reconize me as the guy that ruins models :laugh: I hope to post some of my recent builds here fairly soon. Just call me nerdling or Ryan, whichever you like.

I was wondering when you were going to stick your head out and say howdy. Welcome aboard Ryan! :mpup

Thanks Moon. I actually forgot I had an account here. You know getting old and forgetful. Well that is what my wife tells me. :laugh:

Welcome and looking forward to seeing your builds Ryan. Good to have you on board.
James

Welcome to MA Ryan!!! You can ruin as many models here as you like.

Terry B)

Welcome Ryan!

I also live in Oregon and no doubt live in the worst part of the state according to many others who made the mistake of moving here. Its horrible.

Matrixone

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, Hi Ryan, but what's so horrible about Oregon?

Just wondering...

Tom

Welcome to the forum Ryan, as long as you don't ruin my models, you can do whatever you want :)
//Mats

Good to see you over here too Ryan. I just set up shop here a week or so ago and seems friendly enough. Plus they have the best smilies ever. :soldier

I just set up shop here a week or so ago and seems friendly enough.

What the hell does that suppose to mean!!!!?

:D

:pilot

:rotf

yeah we're constantly on the look out for new smilies. If you see one you like let us know and we'll see about working it in. We do have some top secret ones..they pop up from time to time.

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, Hi Ryan, but what's so horrible about Oregon?

Just wondering...

Tom

Nothing is wrong with Oregon as a whole. I just happen to live in the largest county in the state that also happens to have to lowest population in the state. Let's put it this way it is bigger then Rhode Island, Delaware, and Connecticut. But it has a population of 7400 people. The closest major town is 130 miles away. :laugh: But hey when the zombies attack I will be ok.

That's the advantage with living in a small country like Belgium, 2 hours by car in any direction and you are outside the country! :) and a LHS is never far away!!
//Mats

My nearest local hobby shop is in Germany! :blink [sub]but it's just 20 minutes by car for me[/sub]!

The big adavantage is,that if you ask,you may look inside a box,and see for yourself if it's any good.
Until now I have never bought anything from a web-store,most of the times I buy from traders at modelevents,or the good old LHS. :)

Greetings,Ron.

Oregon is a great place to live but like any other state there are places that are not so good and if I could I would move ASAP.

Matrixone

So where in Oregon do you call home Max? I originally lived in Eugene then Portland and now Burns or as I call it Burnstucky.

Back