• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Introduction for the Duke of Small Scale Models.

Duke Maddog

Greetings to all.

My name is Mark and I have been invited here to these Forums by Saul Garcia. :Hiay

I build almost exclusively 1/72 scale armor and aircraft, as well as ships in the 1/500 to 1/700 scale range. My current collection of completed models is around 1130+ models finished. I don't know the exact count yet, but I do know that 559 of them are armor models.

A little later on, I'll post some pics of my latest completed models in their respective Forums, and if I can find an appropriate Forum, I'll start a Workbench Thread showing my models still in progress.

Thank you all for looking in. I hope to have fun here and contribute in some small way to this great assembly. :ro:

My dear Duke I would like to welcome you to our merry band, but I fear you have fallen in with ruffians, rebels and malcontents of all sorts. What we have we will share and what you have we will gladly take. I would like at this time extend an invite to you to join our small scale group build which starts on April 1st. Again I welcome you and I hope you will enjoy your time with us.

Terry B)

1130+ kits !!!
holy-moly.gif

Where do you keep them all?

Welcome to MA and I hope you enjoy your stay.
hello.gif

Welcome Mark,

Small scale builders are thin in numbers but you make up for it in production!

Regards,

Heya Mark!!

Welcome to MA...another high-quality site with high-quality members...still not sure how I got in ;)

Wow! Thanks all for the great and warm welcome! I see a few familiar faces as well as a few new ones too. I'm glad to be here.

Saul, thank you again for the invitation. I hope I am able to make it worthwhile for you.

Iron Mike, I also love cats. I have two of them now in fact. This avatar came about from my two nicknames; One is Duke, from a part of my last name, and the other is from my initials that spell out M.A.D: Maddog. I put the two together for my screen-name. My wife decided that I needed an appropriate avatar so she found a pic of an angry-looking puppy, dressed him up in Ducal raiment, crowned him and gave him a sword of office, and thus my avatar was born. (y) B)

MrT, I thank you for the welcome and if this Forum is filled with 'ruffians, rebels and malcontents of all sorts', then I shall have a blast here! I look forward to joining the small scale group build as well.

1130+ kits !!!
holy-moly.gif

Where do you keep them all?

Welcome to MA and I hope you enjoy your stay.
hello.gif

Tank, I keep them all in one room of a two-bedroom condo on shelves spaced 8" apart more or less from floor to ceiling on two of the walls. There are an additional 50+ aircraft hanging from the ceiling that won't fit on shelves. The closet holds my stash of 270+ more waiting to be built. At this rate, I'll have them all completed in about four years. Thanks again for the welcome Tank.

I'll try to get pics posted sometime either Sunday evening or Tuesday for you to peruse. Meanwhile, thanks again to everyone for the warm and wonderful welcome!

Thank you gentlemen for the great welcome!

Andy, you're right. Gotta get going. This Monday I'll make lots of progress.

Welcome Mark , looks like I've gotta get new glasses if I'm gonna be perusing all that braille work .

No need. I'll blow the pics up so you can see everything fine! B) :laugh:

Back