• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello from Iowa

Kevin

Hello everyone, My Name is Kevin and I'm from Des Moines, Iowa. I have been following the adventures of my good friend and former next door neighbor Iron Mike. He has finally convinced me to stop "lurking" and join in the fun.
I have been very impressed with all excellent work done here, outstanding builds everywhere I look!

I have been modeling off and on since I was a kid, mostly cars. I enjoy hot rods, muscle cars, but my favorite is race cars of an kind. I have not tried any military builds yet, but I think there may be something on the horizon.

Thanks for having me!
Kevin

Welcome Kevin. I think you'll enjoy it here. Lots of good friends and great models. Look forward to seeing your builds.
James

Hey Kevin, looks like that Mike guy is just stirring up trouble all over the place. Welcome aboard and give the military stuff a try, you can always claim battle damage in screwups! :mpup

Hi Kevin ,
I have been listening to Mike talk about you for a long time now.Glad to finally meet you. Of course since you joined you will now officially be two weeks from anywhere while you r are here.
Mike use to build cars when I first met him but I'm afraid he has been corrupted since then.
Welcome and happy modeling, Christian

Hi Kevin, Finally another Iowan. I currently call Nevada by Ames my home. I met Mike at our Model club before he moved to NC but I am not sure if we have met yet. Welcome abboard and I am sure you will enjoy your stay here. Lots of good ppl and excellent modelers here.

Joe

Just doing my part, fellas! :laugh: Good to have you here, Kevin, having my old friends here makes it feel like home!! Nice to see Sophie's photo too, good choice on the avatar!! Are you going to post up the photos from the '29? Park 'em in the Let's Be Civil category, so we can all see them, please?

Hi Kevin,

If you could put up with Mike, you'll just love it here! :D Make yourself at home and show us a bit of what you've got... please! ;)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Welcome aboard, Kevin. I am another of the Iowa/Iron Mike recruits. And I think I am with Joe, have we met? And if not, why haven't we recruited you to the club yet? I would say Mr. Mike isn't doing a proper recruiting job.

Mike, I see how it is. Bring em to M.A., but not to the Surgeons???

Welcome aboard Kevin,
Mike has a lot of fun here as I'm sure you will.
Build what you like. Show your stuff off and enjoy.
I guess Mike is like Darth Vader, luring you to the "Dark Side"
ARMOR... :D :eek:hmy:
Shawn

Thanks guys! Mike tried a few times to get me to go to a meeting, but I never did make it. I think we lived next door to each other for about 3 years before we realized we were both into building models. I wish I had known sooner, he is a great teacher, I learned a lot from him.

I can ditto that Kevin, Mike is a great teacher. I wish I was in the same town as Chris and Mike, next door can get a little bright during Christmas I would think... ;)

Back