• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Happy to be a New Member

cobra561

I would like to thank Bob for helping me get in. My first go at a user name and password didnt work and he has been working at a fix for 8 hours.

Thanks Bob

A little about my self. I am a disabled vet, currently rated at 120%.I know, how can you
be more messed up than a 100%. I havent figured that one out yet. I served as a Paramedic
and as a combat medic for twenty two years.I flew with the USAF, USA, Coast guard and even the Navy though I was never a Squid. I was retired due medical problems, even though I
flew three more years because I put up with pain, then my spine and brain said its time to quit. No regrets, I had a wonderful career.

I am house bound and dont get out much. I have been looking at all the great models on your
website and I am going to try and build something I can be proud of.

Thanks for letting me be part of your community.

Cobra561 (my old call sign)

Welcome Cobra561

Always fantastic to have a VET on the team !!

Im sure youll be very happy within our great site

Best wishes

Andy

Welcome to the best site ever. Lots of good friends here. Look forward to seeing your build. Did you ever get up to Comox BC? I had a flight with some PJ's in 84. I landed with the plane while they parted company about 1/2 hour in. Poor sods had to walk back.
James

Welcome, Cobra561! I am glad to have you here and am looking forward to seeing your builds! (y)

David thank you for your service and sacrifice!

Truth be known, didn't take that long to get you fixed..I was tinkerin' around down in the garage.

Welcome aboard Sir and post some pictures of what you're doing!

Thanks for your comments, it really means alot. So far I am just reading the forums until I learn a bit. I dont think I am ready to put paint on a model yet.

Take care Dave

Did alot of HALO's and more walking then I care to remember. Never made it to BC, though I did share a makeshift medical aid station with some Canadian line medics in Iran. Thanks for the welcome.

Dave

G'day Dave ,

Well we are so glad to have you with us .

I am looking forward to sharing some model builds together :) . The group builds are great fun .

Jenny :kiss:

Welcome to TNT if your looking to learn more about modelin this is the friendliest place on the planet to do it, and its always good to have another Vet you will probably be helpin us more than the other way round :laugh:

Welcome aboard Dave (AKA Cobra561).
Kick back and enjoy the ride...
One Vet to another, Thank you for your service.
Now to the serious stuff... Throw caution to the wind,
(Kinda like jumping out of a plane or helo) and crack
open one of those model kits and jump right in with
both feet. (start simple with something not too crazy)
Reads lots of brass and other stuff). Use the KISS
theory for your first build. Show us what you got going
and everyone here will do their best to keep you on the
right path, with little suggestions of how to do something
better, simpler or whatever.
Join one of the group builds and just have some fun. Every
model doesn't have to be an award winner or museum quality
build. Just have fun and enjoy it. Built something you know
or like and you will see how fast your skills will rocket.
Shawn

Cobra
glad to have you here my plastic building bro. You will find that the people on tnt are the best bunch of modeling maniacs you will ever find . I talk to these guys and girls more than the people in my modeling clubs.
I would like to personally extend the invitation to answer any and all modeling related questions you have. If you would prefer to do it through e-mail send a pm and I will help .
As for your service ........Thank You. HOOOOO RAAAAAH Bro.

Welcome Cobra, I just joined a few weeeks ago. Thank you for your service, I was in the Navy.

Rigger........

Back