• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello from So Cal!

JCO1952

Hello everyone,

I’m JC Osborne and have been building armor and aircraft for several years now. These days I’m building mostly armor as my aircraft tend to come out looking like armor. :) Hope to be an active participant and get to know many of you.

On my bench right now is Tamiyas Gun Tractor and Dragons 25 pounder I’m building for a N. Africa group build.

Some progress shots:
ha8ced39.jpeg

h89bc67a.jpeg

Nice! If you have a startup photo showing parts on the sprue, I can put your builds into our Africa Campaign (if interested).
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/down-in-africa/152165-i-bless-the-rains-down-in-africa

Regards,

Good morning, welcome and Happy Christmas JC from the Land of the Long White Cloud, (yep we're a fairly international bunch).

Nice work on that tractor, looking forward to seeing more of your projects.

Kia ora.

Ian.

Welcome and Merry Christmas JC! This is one of the most helpful forums around. We joke a lot, get to know each other and help each other out with info, ideas, and other things.

To join in our group builds we usually start the build with a photo of the unbuilt kit with a date/time reference in the photo. What I do is get an MA page on my cell phone, zoom in on the date/time in the lower left corner of the page and take a photo with the kit and cell phone in it. That is what Saul (Sharkmouth) was referring to.

So far your build is looking real good! :good: Look forward to seeing more!

Welcome aboard JC, Sorry about the problems registering, glad you kept at it. I'm Bob the IT guy around here. Looks like you're settling in right nicely.

:popcorn

Hey, Bob!

No worries. I made it, so I’m happy. My day job is IT so I’m familar with some of the odd the struggles one can have with web pages.

Thanks for letting me in!

JC

Welcome JC from another So Cal modeler. You've posted some excellent 'calling cards', very nice work! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Nice! If you have a startup photo showing parts on the sprue, I can put your builds into our Africa Campaign (if interested).
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/down-in-africa/152165-i-bless-the-rains-down-in-africa

Regards,

Hi Sharkmouth,

Here's the shot I took. I'm building this as part of another GB online. If that's OK with you and the shot works, sign me up for the North Africa build. I've got Takom's M3 Grant on deck as well.

ha08e2b3.JPG

JC

Welcome JC I am the guy they will all warn you about :evil:

I am a way bit more South than you all the way from South Africa

Nice progress shots there keep on posting the guys here love lots and lots of pictures. :drinks

Regards,

Hi Sharkmouth,

Here's the shot I took. I'm building this as part of another GB online. If that's OK with you and the shot works, sign me up for the North Africa build. I've got Takom's M3 Grant on deck as well.

ha08e2b3.JPG

JC

I wish it had a time stamp! Could you PM me a link? I can then make a decision. As for me, no issues as to where you post as long as you post and have fun! This is more or less the way we are here; no pressue.

Regards,

I wish it had a time stamp! Could you PM me a link? I can then make a decision. As for me, no issues as to where you post as long as you post and have fun! This is more or less the way we are here; no pressue.

Regards,

Just PM'd a link the post is almost at the end of the page. Posted there on 11/17/17. Whatever you decide is ofcourse fine. I'm already setting my sights on the Sherman build as well. :)

Regards,

JC

Welcome from N.GA. ex FL, Miami refugee. Nice weathering on your tractor!! I just found out that Tamiya came out with a 1/48th(my scale) scale M1A2 Abrams that I have my eye on. Where's my Hobby Lobby coupon? :soldier Gary S.

Back