• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello from Sept-Iles, Canada

Stoneboat

New here, but it looks like a comfortable place. I see a few familiar faces, Doggy and the Moon Puppy to name two. I model civilian aircraft in any scale, mostly 1:48 with occasional giddy forays into 1:72 and 1:24. Currently working on a 1:72 CRJ705 in Air Canada Express titles. There is no - to my knowledge - kit of a CRJ705, so I took a CRJ200 and sawed it to pieces and installed two fuselage plugs. 'Course, the wings, tail, engines lower fuselage fairing and engine pylons had to be changed, but otherwise it's straight outta the box.

004_zpsyegsftmw.jpg

001_zpst2ubofha.jpg

A couple of recent builds. This is one of the deHavilland Dreams 1:24 snap together Beavers with some scratchbuilt stuff.

MDM%2016_zpsjuzakilt.jpg

MDM%2020_zpskgkxlfxb.jpg

An Airfix 1:72 Fokker F-27 modified to a Fairchild-Hiller FH-227 by the addition of a fuselage plug.

NAJ%202_zpsclttniyp.jpg

And one of those old box scale Monogram C-180's. I built this one as a birthday surprise for the owner, at the request of the guy's father. Kyle was in Italy someplace, and when he got back his dad welcomed him home with a shot of Scotch and this little dio. Kyle's mom is an accomplished sculptress, so she sculpted a little dog like his Border Collie that goes everywhere the airplane goes, then chucked a handful of pebbles onto a board to make a beach, then heeled the airplane in on the beach. Neat.

009_zpsnpm6d4yp.jpg

Interesting projects (y) it's been a long time since I've seen an aircraft builder tackle such off the path builds.

Welcome . Christian B)

Hey JIM! Nice to see you posting. You have a gift for the understatement about some scratch building. Can't wait to see some WIP, what you can do with a beer can is amazing. :drinks

Welcome aboard. :pilot

...but otherwise it's straight outta the box.

:rotf

Straightjacket is on the rack behind the door. Pull up a chair and stay a while. Very nice builds. It's always refreshing to see something a little bit different. Welcome aboard. :drinks

Welcome Jim and thanks for posting such incredible work. A master like you will fit right in. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your fantastic work.

Back