• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DioRandy has returned

DioRandy

Hey, everybody
Rumors of my demise have been highly exaggerated. It's been almost five years since I last responded to roll call. For that, I apologize. If you recall, I got extremely frustrated and depressed when I had to start wearing bifocals. I just couldn't adjust and it drove me batty. Well, although my eyes have gotten progressively worse, I've decided to return to the hobby that once brought me great joy. I don't have the skills I once had, but I'm not going to let that stop me, anymore.
I opened a plastic container the other day and found everything I had amassed for a rather involved diorama I intended on entering into the "Charlie Don't Surf" campaign back in 2011. The 17 Bravo 6 and Evolution figures are 95 percent complete (the initial pics are still on the past campaign's thread) and the Academy M113A1 A.P.C. has a nearly completed interior. So, I have a great start and I intend on finishing it.
The work may not be up to my previous standards, but I'm not going to let that bother me. After all, who doesn't love the smell of paint and glue in the morning.
For the hell of it, I've attached a pic of my last project. It took me 10 years to complete. Perhaps, you remember it?

hfd1552a.jpg

I'm a newbie at building styrene at this level of excellence myself ... Randy welcome back to the task at hand... I wear trifocals and have cataracts on both eyes ... So I feel your pain ... Sounds like you should go for the Deja-vu ribbon ... I'll be watching for your work ... Nice Panzer !!! ... (y) (y) (y) :ro: :dude

Welcome back. I feel your pain with respect to the eyes, but modeling is just too darned fun. Look forward to seeing more of your work :D
James

:yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee

Great news, welcome back buddy!

I'll go dig out your CDS thread and move it to our Second Chance campaign and let you get it completed to earn that ribbon. :drinks

Welcome back Randy, damn good to see ya. :good: :mpup

Glad to see you back Randy!! (y) don't let anything stop you from enjoying your hobby :geek

//Mats

Welcome back Randy,

I wondered what happened to you. The panther dio looks great!

I can relate with the eye problem. I've had progressively bad vision for the last 30 years. Nothing a good pair of Optivisors won't cure!

It's really great to see you posting again!!!!

Bob

Welcome back Randy!
Don't worry, I use this things since I was a child! :silly: You get used to it.

Cheers
Art

Can't say I remember your work but I remember the name.

Glad you found your way back ! I understand the eyesight bit very well. :S

Cheers, Christian B)

Well where the bloody hell have you been !!!! Im still waiting for you to pick me to go to the Crystal lake show !!!

Kidding !!

Nice to have you back mate

Back