• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Greetings from a newbie

Flyingbabydoc

Hello everyone!

My friend Dave Coetzee has suggested that I take a look at this forum and he was not kidding on his praising of the quality of the models (and modellers) here gathered. I hope I can learn a lot from you! :notworthy

About me: my name is Alex, 45 y.o, married, one son. I am a pediatric surgeon in Ulm, Germany, but originally from Porto Alegre, Brazil.
I model almost exclusively on 1/72, mostly airplanes and mostly WWII. I cannot use an airbrush due to my severe asthma, so all my models are brush-painted (there is just not coming around that, unfortunately).

Right now I have a nice Hasegawa 1/72 Mitsubishi Ki-67 Hiryu (Peggy) on the works, with a lot of PEs from Eduard. I will try and post a few pics in the next few days. In the meantime, I leave you with a Hasegawa Morane-Saulnier Ms.406 in 1/72 (L578, GC II/3 flown by Raymond Clausse) depicted somewhere in France in late 1939.

Hope to talk to you soon,

Cheers

Alex

h35d0f31.JPG

h4c0491b.JPG

Welcome. Your stuff looks pretty snazzy, cant wait to see more. Now Mark has a kindred soul to model with :)
James

Hello everyone!

My friend Dave Coetzee has suggested that I take a look at this forum and he was not kidding on his praising of the quality of the models (and modellers) here gathered. I hope I can learn a lot from you! :notworthy

About me: my name is Alex, 45 y.o, married, one son. I am a pediatric surgeon in Ulm, Germany, but originally from Porto Alegre, Brazil.
I model almost exclusively on 1/72, mostly airplanes and mostly WWII. I cannot use an airbrush due to my severe asthma, so all my models are brush-painted (there is just not coming around that, unfortunately).

Right now I have a nice Hasegawa 1/72 Mitsubishi Ki-67 Hiryu (Peggy) on the works, with a lot of PEs from Eduard. I will try and post a few pics in the next few days. In the meantime, I leave you with a Hasegawa Morane-Saulnier Ms.406 in 1/72 (L578, GC II/3 flown by Raymond Clausse) depicted somewhere in France in late 1939.

Hope to talk to you soon,

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex . Nice of you to drop in . Pretty cool MS.496

I thought Ulm sounded familiar . I have been through there before . Pretty country side.

Hope you like it here . Some pretty nice folks.

Too bad about not being able to airbrush your models but I hand painted mine for years as well.

Hope to hear more soon.

Cheers, Christian B)

Alright, another modeller in the one true scale. Looking forward to seeing some more of your work! :Hiay

Oh, and since you already know Dave we don't have to do the usual warnings. :tomato

Welcome aboard Alex. (y)

I'm the IT guy here so if you have any questions I'll try and make something up. :rotf

Howdy!

Lots of folks have found their way here and we are always happy to welcome another! We will forgive your association with SA Dave. Every family has ONE OF THOSE people... Dave is ours. I, on the other hand am the guy who never seems to finish a kit... but I am working on that... :coolio

Not to worry about brush painting, that is where we all started. One of our members, Hubert "dewertus" is well known for his brush work and I think he still may have a web page up of his work.

So, kick back, relax, and remember it is always 5PM somewhere in the world. We are a friendly and very helpful bunch.

Welcome Alex to our comunity :good:

Contente em ver mais um brazuca por aqui... :drinks

In time , great job on the Morane :good:

Best!

Luiz

Thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome. I knew that if Dave recommended, it could only be good!

I am looking forward to getting to know you and your work better. I gather that there are other fans of the "one true scale" here, count me in in any special interest group on that scale.

I leave you with a few pics of some of my recent models. I apologize for their quality, they were taken with the mobile on a hurry and are not very sharp. Next week I will take some pictures of my WIP, the KI-67 Hiryu - I would appreciate your comments and suggestions on how to correct the (many) mistakes I am sure to make.

Until then, I hope you and your families have a nice weekend. All the best, (y)

Alex

P.S. Luiz, o prazer é todo meu. Nao sao muitos brasileiros nesses forums. Abraco e bom final de semana.

h79189dd.JPG

h3a72be6.JPG

h8552a58.JPG

Nice collection. When you attach your images click the "Insert" button and it embeds the image into the post so we can see them with out clicking them.

Yeah very nice collection Alex ... Looking forward to seeing more ... ( I really don't think Dave is so bad ) I came from another Forum and when I came here, Our other Dave Ed followed Me, now I think they look down on Me a Bit ... I can't help it I'm not a expert at all the different stuff ... but these guy's & gal's with the exception of the afford mentioned ... are a great bunch and a lot nicer than the Previous place I was living ... So I'm a newbie also ... and they seem to tolerate Me ... :good:

Nice collection (y)

Looking forward to the KI-67 build . :coolio

I am forever stuck in the one true scale . :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Welcome Alex!

I am the resident watchhmaker meaning I am the forum tool geek. :geek I generally like the bigger scales so I can add all the micro detail to keep you looking for a while.

I also came here from elsewhere and this is the best bunch to hang around with. Am always learning something new from this group. (y)

:drinks

Thanks a lot everyone!

I will indeed pick your brains in the next few weeks. I have oh so many questions.. :hmmm

I will try and post the Ki-67 WIP photos today. I am not sure in which forum it belongs, but hopefully reading more I will find out. Then I can ask you the first question: detailing the interior after PE and paiting: how, why and when?

Cheers everyone and have a good week! :drinks

Alex

Back