• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Glad to be here

Sukhoidave

I just joined a couple days ago. I've been a modeler for probably 50 years. I remember the first model I built probably about the age of 5. It was an F-86 and a very simple kit - 2 part fuse, wings and horizontal stabilizers and a cockpit that I fogged up completely.

I'm a US Air Force military brat. My dad was a pilot for many years and later became a base commander. When he retired he flew corporate jets for the Timken Company.

I'm a huge airshow fan. I have volunteered for many years at the Cleveland National Air Show that is held on Labor Day weekend. My fantasy project would be a huge diorama of the worlds greatest airshow with all my favorite planes of course.

I'm interested in how I earn those cool medal/ribbons you all seem to have so many of.

I also build and fly RC planes.

Welcome to the madhouse mate,there is alot of ex military and base brats here B)
The "ribbons" are campaign build ribbons.To receive these go to the "current campaign" header and pick a build that suit's you or may be a new challenge for you.
Each campaign has a finish date which is listed next to the ribbon. Photo's are a must (the crew here are good with pic's,not so with word's :pp )
As you will notice each build has "start up pictures" showing the date and the model unbuilt (there is offical campaign time on the bottom of the forum page)start with that then take pic's of your build as you go.When done post the final pic's in the completion post and get your ribbon.

Everone here is always happy to answer any question's and help out.
Lookin foward to seeing some of your build's and again Welcome to MA.

Woohoo another Dave for The "Dave room" in this nuthouse, it is the second door to the right we have lotsa straight jackets to share.

Enjoy it mate and may I suggest you start off with a quick little something for the Micro Model month Build
Its got to be finished by the end of the month but it sure is fun trying to get em done

I'm interested in how I earn those cool medal/ribbons you all seem to have so many of.

Kurt did a great job answering your question but the quickest way to get one is donate to our Call to Arms II Campaign and get that boy a dog! Simply donating will earn you the right to sport that ribbon. Then if you knock out a build before the end of March you'll be put in the drawing for our prizes, current rate you're pretty much guaranteed a prize. :drinks

I'm an airshow nut also, I can remember seeing Bob Hoover in the Rockwell Mustang buzzin' the crowd. Haven't been to one in a while, need to check out a schedule see who's having one this year.

Looking forward to your builds. :popcorn

Welcome and looking forward to seeing your builds. One ribbon you could start with is the CTAII ribbon if you like. Its the only one with an entrance fee and the build ends in March. All proceeds go to helping a young fella get a Service Dog. There are prizes associated with that build also. As for the other ribbons its been explained already so I wont bore you. The reason we need a start up pic with a date time stamp is because every now and again one of the members or one of the companies who visit our pages throw in a prize. So enter and enjoy.
James

Hi Dave . Welcome to MA .

We have a lot in common . Air Force, Cleveland, Timken and airplanes.

I'm sure we'll talk.

Regards, Christian B)

Welcome Dave!

I think you'll enjoy it here, always lots going on!

I'm probably one of the few not associated with the armed forces!

Another Dave.... :frantic

Welcome to MA, sir, enjoy y'self here, lots of nationalities lots of really good folks.

Ian.

The Brit living in NZ.

Back