• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Newby

MM2CVS9

Recently found out about this site so snooped around a bit. Looks like a great place to be, so signed up. Ex Navy, served aboard USS ESSEX CVS-9 in the 60's. Build ships, both plastic (mostly aircraft carriers) and wood (no carriers there).
Look to enjoy this site.

EJ

Recently found out about this site so snooped around a bit. Looks like a great place to be, so signed up. Ex Navy, served aboard USS ESSEX CVS-9 in the 60's. Build ships, both plastic (mostly aircraft carriers) and wood (no carriers there).
Look to enjoy this site.

EJ
:drunk
Oh Geez louise EJ! :smack You followin' me?!?!

Man I got those Navy emoticons fired up just in time. :skipper

Welcome aboard EJ, I'm sure you'll find our Shipbuilder Campaign right away. That is our only open ended campaigns, no end date because well, only a few of us have the gumption to finish a ship. As you can see in my campaign ribbons, I ain't one of them...

Come on in, the water is fine. :mpup

Welcome aboard EJ. Cant wait to see more of the dreadnaught. Such interesting looking [strike]boats[/strike] err I mean ships :D
James

Thanks fellas. I'll be posting up more of my work as time goes by. :geek There's many who know me from other boards yet, many of you don't know I'm an average modeler who got started back in the hobby in 2000 after a 25 yr + hiatis. In 2008 my folks' house burnt down and for 90 days I cleaned up the mess. As a result, I got very sick & caught some kind of mysterious rash from it due to all the chemicals. It nearly killed me.
I was unable to model for quite awhile due to lack of strength in my hands, twitching and, the shakes brought on from the condition & also the meds they had me on. I still suffer from some of the effects such as shaking so, please forgive me if I post a pic or two that are slightly blurred. I do try to get better pics. (y)
I do dabble with PE and resin from time to time so, stay tuned :beer

Come on in, Ed- have a beer! Boy, that's quite a story- it never ceases to amaze me that our little society can produce such mountains of toxins. I'm glad to hear you're making your way out of that mess- cheers!

Come on in, Ed- have a beer! Boy, that's quite a story- it never ceases to amaze me that our little society can produce such mountains of toxins. I'm glad to hear you're making your way out of that mess- cheers!

Yeah, ya figger all the stuff that went into building the place, the cleaning supplies, automotive supplies,etc and when mixed together...

I must apologize to EJ for highjacking his thread :blush: it was unintentional :bang head :bang head :drunk

Look to enjoy this site.

EJ

Welcome to Modelers Alliance EJ

Terry :D

Back