• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dang-it another Texan

Swordsman

Well Ya'll didn't lock the back door ..... And I snuck in ...... I'm a old crotchety modeler who never finishes anything and likes Trains & electronics .....

h034c86b.JPG

the current project ....... Converting a Little 1/87 scale loco to a 1/48 scale logging engine for my Satterwhite Log homes Pike ......

Howdy, you're in good company here :D Looking forward to seeing your trains ands checking out the electronics. Been a long time since I did trains, but I think about it occasionally. Whats your primary scale, it looks like maybe HO?
James

Howdy, you're in good company here :D Looking forward to seeing your trains ands checking out the electronics. Been a long time since I did trains, but I think about it occasionally. Whats your primary scale, it looks like maybe HO?
James

Thanks for the warm welcome ..... I've been modeling since I was knee high to a grasshopper ..... My first I think was a B-58 Hustler ..... now as for trains I'm a all scale-ler I run with HO the most but I'm gravitating towards On30 which is O-scale Narrow gauge ..... 1/48 scale that runs on HO gauge track so as you can tell from the Loco kit I'm building there is a lot of Overhang .... Now My real passion is to learn Machining and build my own 2 1/2" = a foot live steam Railroad ..... :woohoo:

Welcome aboard Gerry! OK wait a sec, 1:48 on HO tracks? That really is narrow, I know there are narrow gauge tracks in the real world but does that scale right? I would think the hardware, the tracks themselves would be a little bigger.

Hi Gerry!

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see some trains on here, I have a couple of unfinished On30 projects myself.

Tom

You are right ..... Moon Puppy .... the track is 1/48 scale including the sleepers .... the gauge is HO 1/87 scale = 4'8.5" in 1/48 scale it will equal = 2'6" or On30 which stands for O scale narrow gauge 30" wide track ..... but these trains run on ho track just larger rails but equal spacing between the two gauges .... I hope that explains the scale ..... I'm leaning this way because I luv Trains and 1/48 scale models planes & autos are the right size for a Dio with a train in it ..... where as it's hard to find 1/87 scale model planes & vehicles ..... :good:

Hi Gerry!

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see some trains on here, I have a couple of unfinished On30 projects myself.

Tom

Thanks Tom .... B) ..... This kit is from Boulder valley Model works it is all resin cast and the donor is a Athearn SW7 1st time I've thrown away a perfectly good Loco ..... I plan to put a Soundtraxx Tsunami for DCC & Sound .... I will use a TSU 750 for size considerations ..... Here's a picture of the Kit ....

h17d032a.JPG

Thanks fellows for the great welcome .... :yipee

Hi Gerry ! Welcome on board . :)

My, you're ambitious about your scale . I have to admit that I have always been attracted to narrow gauge but never indulged myself.

I'll be watching this with interest.

Cheers, Christian B)

You are right ..... Moon Puppy .... the track is 1/48 scale including the sleepers .... the gauge is HO 1/87 scale = 4'8.5" in 1/48 scale it will equal = 2'6" or On30 which stands for O scale narrow gauge 30" wide track ..... but these trains run on ho track just larger rails but equal spacing between the two gauges .... I hope that explains the scale ..... I'm leaning this way because I luv Trains and 1/48 scale models planes & autos are the right size for a Dio with a train in it ..... where as it's hard to find 1/87 scale model planes & vehicles ..... :good:

I see, the gauge of the rails are the same between HO, which models Standard Gauge (I think) and 0n30 which actually models your narrow gauge. Odd how that worked out ain't it. :idonno

Shot, I always loaded up my 1:72 stuff around my HO stuff, when you're playing war it didn't matter that much... :pilot :soldier :soldier :pilot :pilot

Thanks Christian ..... I've installed The Tsunami's before not to hard ..... I once was a international field Service engineer in the Graphic's arts field ..... 4 color separation equipment .... the DCC chips are easy to install .... just space is always a problem, usually where do I put the speaker, biggest trouble, I'm a Soundtraxx dealer in my work life so I enjoy a good challenge ..... I have to admit I didn't think My calling card would be this well received.

I see, the gauge of the rails are the same between HO, which models Standard Gauge (I think) and 0n30 which actually models your narrow gauge. Odd how that worked out ain't it. :idonno

Shot, I always loaded up my 1:72 stuff around my HO stuff, when you're playing war it didn't matter that much... :pilot :soldier :soldier :pilot :pilot

You have the picture I believe ..... A War gammer huh .... How about one of my Figures ...... Let's see I like the Orks .....

hac4c2c7.JPG

hd69f811.JPG

Here's some of my Tank Bustas

That's cool, probably would be considered a wargamer when I was like 9. :rotf Just doing static stuff now but please, keep posting more of your stuff. We like pictures. :popcorn

Thanks Christian ..... I've installed The Tsunami's before not to hard ..... I once was a international field Service engineer in the Graphic's arts field ..... 4 color separation equipment .... the DCC chips are easy to install .... just space is always a problem, usually where do I put the speaker, biggest trouble, I'm a Soundtraxx dealer in my work life so I enjoy a good challenge ..... I have to admit I didn't think My calling card would be this well received.

I haven't worked with trains in twenty five years not and still have a lot of N gage rolling stock but no place to roll it too.
The last guy I use to talk to about that stuff and we were in Vegas. He was busy building in Hon3 while I was doing some N gage.

Now I try to stick to 1/72 planes . Railroading got too pricey for me since.

Cheers, Christian B)

That's cool, probably would be considered a wargamer when I was like 9. :rotf Just doing static stuff now but please, keep posting more of your stuff. We like pictures. :popcorn

I don't play the Game ..... I just like painting these guys .... not much of a airbrush Man .... the painting of these guys is just Honing my skills as a Painter .... I'm made a gaming table that will go under my New Railroad table ...that will be a all gauge display of railroads for my shop .... it will start with O gauge on bottom and move up to Z ( I Hope ).... for the children of my Home town .... due to finances it doesn't look like it is going to happen this year .......

@ Mr.T ..... Thanks for the welcome ....

@ nerding ... Thanks for the Welcome .... I have a few and I need to finish a bunch I've started ..... The GWS army has multiplied to the point I have about 60 more to paint ..... the Loco is my current project .... along with some customer builds on their loco's .... I'm also building a old Round House 4-4-2 Atlantic for Ben ... in the C&O livery .... because He saw this engine when He was a Child ......

Now @ Christian ...Thanks for the welcome ... That is me Like I say I was a Model railroader when a child .... then the 70'ds happened ..... and I started back in 1985 ..... with N-scale as I had gone to England and had stopped in a LHS .... ended up buying some Fleishmann N-scale locies & rolling stock along with a Graham Furnish 125 BR interurban Hi-speed train ...... while in London& riding the trains daily the bug came back ..... I agree with you on the Trains as I sell them for a hobby ..... It must be a Hobby as I'm not making any money doing it ..... I just have lots of fun and the children's eyes light up when they see a train running.

HOn3 is another Narrow gauge subject I'm considering scaling the Dunkirk kit done to HOn3 using the measurements of the kit and stuff I find along the way ..... After all I have a Dremel ..... on the n-scale you have .... you can make Dios of sorts using KATO track on modules that you setup on a table top ..... it's called T-Trak .... that word should bring something up omn the net. when your done with the railroad you separate the modules .... put them in totes .... and into the closet it goes ....

Well, hello Gerry.I am truly glad to see you here

Thanks Paul ..... Yup nice to find you Here Paul ..... This place is rockin with my Friends ..... I hate to say it but I'm thinking of Jumping ship .... looks like Ya'll model without Bats ....

Back