• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello Folks!

Scrodes

Hey all!

I was just recently invited to join your ranks and more than happy to be here. I'm looking forward to sharing with you like-minded folks.

I'm a 30 year old Canuck and I've been modelling since I was 4 years old. Seriously. I live a 10 minute drive from the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum - home of the 2nd airworthy Lancaster which just landed in Lincolnshire for the summer tour with the BBMF Lancaster. The museum is billed as "Canada's Flying Museum" and most of their collection is airworthy - so any given day we'll see a Lancaster, Mitchell, Dakota etc flying over our backyards. It's quite a treat and a privilege.

Some of my builds have been featured on the other forums. I'll post links to them if the mods don't mind just so you can see some of my work. I'm generally interested in aircraft from the Pacific Theater, but I do stray from time to time.

Trumpeter's 1/32 SBD

Hasegawa's 1/32 Frank

Hasegawa's 1/32 P-47

My proudest modeling achievement -

Tamiya's 1/32 P-51D converted to a PTO VLR Mustang

Thanks for looking guys/gals! I'll see you around.

You live just around the corner (LITERALLY) from a fellow modeler Tim (nsmekanik) He told me he can see the museum from his porch almost.
Welcome to MA

Welcome aboard and job well done on that VLR Mustang. I did the same thing, different scheme, a while back but yours turned out far better and it looks like you had greater sucess with Alclad (there's a love hate there) than I did.

Jump on in, we have a lot of campaigns going on you're more than welcome to join. (y)

BTW we have no problem mentioning other forums, we know they are out there so no point in trying to hid it. :coolio It's all in the name of sharing this quirky little hobby we have.

Welcome to Modelers' Alliance! I look forward to your participation.

Terry B)

You live just around the corner (LITERALLY) from a fellow modeler Tim (nsmekanik) He told me he can see the museum from his porch almost.
Welcome to MA

Sorry Dave, Not the same mueseum. They are actually half a country apart. :pilot

Welcome to the forums Scrodes, you do some mighty fine work. (y) (y)

Well, hullo, Matt! Thanks for signing up- I think you'll like it here! Guys, wait'll you see his latest project! this man is single-handedly beating the Airfix 1/24 Mossie into submission with a tire iron and a Mossberg!

:drinks Welcome aboard, have a beer, they're free. I know that Ki84 of yours, I used your 'pit pics to help me paint mine !!

Ian

Just had a chance to check your other builds, love the fading on the SBD, great looking builds. Can't wait to see more. (y)

Thanks guys!

Well, hullo, Matt! Thanks for signing up- I think you'll like it here! Guys, wait'll you see his latest project! this man is single-handedly beating the Airfix 1/24 Mossie into submission with a tire iron and a Mossberg!

No problem, seem like a good bunch of people. You give me too much credit though; I'm not sure I'm winning the war quite yet, but thanks to our chat I have a plan of attack.

:drinks Welcome aboard, have a beer, they're free. I know that Ki84 of yours, I used your 'pit pics to help me paint mine !!

Ian

I'm glad you liked it and found it useful - I'm one of the lucky people who happen to own a copy of the Japanese Aircraft Interiors book. The most money I've ever spent on a book, but worth every cent.

Just had a chance to check your other builds, love the fading on the SBD, great looking builds. Can't wait to see more. (y)

Thanks man! I have to confess I have a trick for that. Like I said, the Pacific theater is usually my main focus so I build a lot of tri-colour aircraft. The trick to an awesome fade like that is to use the colour below to fade the colour above. It makes the whole paint scheme much more cohesive. So I use white to fade the intermediate blue, intermediate blue to fade the dark sea blue and for the white, I'll actually darken it with a single drop of neutral gray or light gull gray.

Thanks guys!

No problem, seem like a good bunch of people. You give me too much credit though; I'm not sure I'm winning the war quite yet, but thanks to our chat I have a plan of attack.

Ian

I'm glad you liked it and found it useful - I'm one of the lucky people who happen to own a copy of the Japanese Aircraft Interiors book. The most money I've ever spent on a book, but worth every cent.

Thanks man! I have to confess I have a trick for that. Like I said, the Pacific theater is usually my main focus so I build a lot of tri-colour aircraft. The trick to an awesome fade like that is to use the colour below to fade the colour above. It makes the whole paint scheme much more cohesive. So I use white to fade the intermediate blue, intermediate blue to fade the dark sea blue and for the white, I'll actually darken it with a single drop of neutral gray or light gull gray.

Well hello Mat . Welcome on board . Post up some pix of the KI-84 ( and what ever else ) . Always good to find someone with similar interest.

Cheers, Christian B)

I like it! hmm...think I do have a Corsair in the stash. :pilot

Well hello Mat . Welcome on board . Post up some pix of the KI-84 ( and what ever else ) . Always good to find someone with similar interest.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian.

Click on the link in the original post for a full gallery of photos.

For the sake of posterity, I'm working on bringing over the entire thread from Aeroscale to here. Now I'll just have to remember to update both :facepalm

Back