• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Greetings All...

Geo

I was redirected to this site through a link on my usual web haunt and liked the site so much I thought I would join. I returned to model building after many years of children, work, mortgages, and marriage. So, with retirement now upon me, I've returned to the bench. Things have changed considerably from the days of tube glue and red plastic Aurora Messerschmidts.

Admittedly, I am a lover of large scale airplanes, especially the Mustang. Im a member of long standing on Largescaleplanes.com. Its a great site with a wonderful group of members. That isnt to say that I don't have an affinity for all aircraft. I most assuredly do. Its just that the Mustang enthrals me. I won't go further into the esthetics of it lest I begin to sound like a complete loon.

As I mentioned earlier, I like large scale...really large. I've tried one thirty-second (1/32) and one twenty-fourth (1/24). More recently, I've discovered one eighteenth (1/18) scale and am completely captured by it. My current build is the remanufacture of the 1/18nth Blue Box Mustang. Detailing has always been part of the enjoyment I derive from modeling and this scale gives the opportunity to do so, almost without limit.

It is my hope that for anyone interested, you'll find enjoyment in my work once I understand how to post photos. My goal in all this is to create a reference document that dispells the myths and inaccuracies regarding the Mustang that have blossomed over the years. It is being built to the NAA Engineering Drawings, the drawings of Charles Neely, and the most generous help of the members of the the P-51 Sig.

I hope you'll follow along. I look forward to the membership and exchanging ideas and the sharing of this hobby we all find so intruiging.

I hope everyone is well...

Regards,

Geoff

Welcome Geoff :Hiay

Wow that must be a pretty big mustang!! :woohoo: 1/18!
I'm struggling with a stuka in 1/32 right now, but mostly i build ww2 vehicles in 1/35 (and some "what if" builds)

Jump in and start posting! there is a SbS for posting pics in the gallery floating around here somewhere.

Looking forward to see your builds

//Mats

Greetings Goeff,

We have a couple of ways to post images here, you can attach the image file to your post or make use of our gallery.

Here's the link to the SbS instructions Mats mentioned
https://www.modelersalliance.com/how-to-use-our-gallery

Link to the Gallery
https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/

Looking forward to seeing your stuff Geoff (y)

Greetings Mats,

Thanks much for the hello and welcome. Indeed, the Mustang in 1/18nth has some size to it and I'm loving every square inch of the beast. I don't imagine the Stuka in 1/32nd is is a small affair either. Hang in there with it. It will be worth the effort once complete.

Best

Geoff

Phil,

G'Day from from up over or the central East Coast of the US. Could have used some of your warm weather this winter. Crikey it was cold, but the cold is finally giving way to a new spring season.

Many thanks for the greeting...

Best,
Geoff

Moon Puppy

Thank you for the greeting and links. I shall have a go at posting some photos soon.

Cheers,

Geoff

Back