• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New Kid on The Block

MichelC

Airplanes have fascinated me as long as I can remember. When I was 10 or 11 my big sister bought me a kit from the local supermarket. It was 2 kits, actually: a Northrop F-5 and a Yak 3, Airfix 1/72 scale. Oh, boy! It was like a new world had opened up to me! I built those over a day or two and then continued building more kits, airplanes mostly, until late into my teens when I ran into some other, more interesting hobbies (ya know...) After a hiatus of almost 30 years I came back to the hobby in my 40's, after Googling 'scale modeling' one day on a lark. When I saw what the modeling world had gotten to in the 21st century I almost fell off my chair! But I was hooked too. Again, a new world had opened up to me. And then a third time, when I discovered the Wings of the Weird and Wonderful, aka Luft 46, which is what I mainly build. But I want to try my hand at other things than aircraft too, especially figures and dios. I love those! Which is what brought me to this site in the first place. So much skill and know-how here! So many masters! When I grow up I wanna model like they do! :notworthy

Nuff said! Time to get back to the bench for some action! :pilot

M

Welcome Michel. Feel free to join in the campaigns and show off your stuff. Theres even one right up your ally happening now. Looking forward to your builds.
James

Welcome Michel. Feel free to join in the campaigns and show off your stuff. Theres even one right up your ally happening now. Looking forward to your builds.
James
Yep, I know the one. Came up on the radar already. That's where I'll post my current build. ;)

M

Welcome to the forum Michel :drinks

Interesting to see your builds :) as you may have seen soi am building almost everything, mostly ww2 armour and dioramas, but lately i have kept myself busy on the flying section with my Stuka :)

Greetings
Mats

:v
Good to see you over here Michel. You should post a resume of some of your Luft '46 projects, show folks here your 'skills'.

Ian

(from the What If site)

Hello Michel and welcome . I feel sure you'll find something here to keep your appetite growing .

Cheers, Christian B)

Welcome to the site Michel. I look forward to seeing your work. Just jump in and have fun.

Terry B)

Wow! What a welcome! Thank you all! :drinks

Hi Warren, good to see you too!

And you Ian, my friend! But what do you mean "show them my skills"? Are you talking about the nanobots? Those are still classified! :D

Yep, Moon Puppy, I do know some of the people. Which adds to the welcome feeling, no doubt. On the other hand it makes one wonder: how many of us are there really? :blush:

Mats, this Stuka has some great detail and what innovative spirit behind that prop! :good:

I'll be posting some WIP pix over the next few days: Revell 1/72 Flitzer. That'll be in the 1946 campaign, of course.

M

Damn yes another build on the 46 Campaighn :notworthy
Welcome to the nuthouse Your long sleeve jacket is behind the second door on the left :D

Back