• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Plastics store in Atlanta,GA

mudtug

Hi all,
Been absent for 6 months, getting "reestablished" in Charlotte after my move back in June.

Finally have a shop established, although a fraction of what it was in Ohio! Ugh

Thinking of making a "pilgrimage" to Atlanta next weekend to check out this store that was referred to me, on this forum 7 months ago when I mentioned my then upcoming relocation. A few members mentioned a hobby shop that specialized in plastics in Atlanta that was worth the trip. There is NOTHING in Charlotte!

Hence my request. Can anyone advise the name or web address of the shop?

If anyone is interested in joining us we'll be heading out early from Charlotte Saturday, January 18th!

Some assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Mike

Hey Mike!

Atlanta is becoming slimmer pickin's, there are a couple Hobbytown USA stores that are OK, but the Hobbytown USA in Augusta, GA is better by far! There was a AAA Hobbies in Atlanta that was a good store, but they are no longer in business. :( The HTUSA in Kennesaw is your best bet in the ATL area.

Hey Mike!

Atlanta is becoming slimmer pickin's, there are a couple Hobbytown USA stores that are OK, but the Hobbytown USA in Augusta, GA is better by far! There was a AAA Hobbies in Atlanta that was a good store, but they are no longer in business. :( The HTUSA in Kennesaw is your best bet in the ATL area.

I concur about that one in Kennesaw. I have not been to the one in Augusta. The one in Kennesaw has a great selection on kits,paints,and supplies.

Dave's store in Augusta is stuffed (and I do not exaggerate) with plastic models. He does carry R/C and trains, but they are the minority. If he doesn't have it, he'll get it. Definitely worth the ride.

Hi all,
Been absent for 6 months, getting "reestablished" in Charlotte after my move back in June.

Finally have a shop established, although a fraction of what it was in Ohio! Ugh

Thinking of making a "pilgrimage" to Atlanta next weekend to check out this store that was referred to me, on this forum 7 months ago when I mentioned my then upcoming relocation. A few members mentioned a hobby shop that specialized in plastics in Atlanta that was worth the trip. There is NOTHING in Charlotte!

If anyone is interested in joining us we'll be heading out early from Charlotte Saturday, January 18th!

Thank you,
Mike

Already with the "That's not the way we did it in Ohio!" :rotf :rotf :rotf

Mike, if you want to road trip, Augusta is the place to go.

Welcome back Mike. Cant help with the plastic, but maybe one day I'll be able to go for a road trip with you all.
James

Hi all,

Thank you,
Mike

Welcome back Mike ( wherever you were ) .

I agree with you. Much better pickings in Ohio .

I reflect the quotes from Mike & Bob . Augusta is the place to go from this area.

If you're looking for something specific, you might call ahead so that he will have it on hand.

James come on down anytime , we'll all do a road trip. :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey guys, thank you for the replies. Bummer there's not much in Atlanta. Perhaps I'll just hold out til Feb for the figure show. You think there will be much at that show outside of figures?

Looks like the majority of shows happen down south in the earlier part of the year, versus later in the year like they were up north? Between amps, imps Atlanta and the figure show, sounds like my winter/spring will be busy (traveling, not building!) LOL.

Is the Hobbytown in Augusta worth a 4+ hour drive? Or better to wait for a show?

Thanks guys,
Mike

Hey guys, thank you for the replies. Bummer there's not much in Atlanta. Perhaps I'll just hold out til Feb for the figure show. You think there will be much at that show outside of figures?

That's the one that is generally with the AMPS show right, well...last time we went it was kinda weak. Think we were planning on going to the IPMS show this year, think it's in March. Yeah if you're in Atlanta it's worth going up to Kennasaw to check out the store, otherwise I don't think so but that's just me.

Is the Hobbytown in Augusta worth a 4+ hour drive? Or better to wait for a show?

Thanks guys,
Mike

You'll be waiting a while, no shows in Augusta that I recall.

here's some shots of the store

IMG_3968.JPG

IMG_3969.JPG

really need a fisheye lens here...

IMG_3970.JPG

Chris checking the bargains.

IMG_3971.JPG

IMG_3972.JPG

IMG_3973.JPG

IMG_3974.JPG

These were actually when he was cleaned up pretty good. :rotf

I went looking for those pix, couldn't find them in my own mess. :laugh:

Yep, there's more stock piled around in there now. :good:

Here's a link to last year's show and the responses.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/news-reviews-and-shows/141871-amps-atlanta-february-2013

Make a day of it and have some fun.

Looks like the majority of shows happen down south in the earlier part of the year, versus later in the year like they were up north? Between amps, imps Atlanta and the figure show, sounds like my winter/spring will be busy (traveling, not building!) LOL.

Thanks guys,
Mike

This just in

The Atlanta AMPS Show scheduled for this weekend, 14-16 Feb, has been canceled.

Official notification is here on the AMPS website:

www.amps-armor.org/ampssite/BBS/bbsDetai...um=4&ID=18901&page=0

Winter sucks.

Back