• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

G'Day Everyone

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
Just a quick post to say thanks for allowing me to be a part of this forum and to introduce myself.

Been living in Australia for the past 10 years, been keen on modelling since I was a kid but, due to the place I was living in at the time, modelling wasn't the easiest thing to get yourself into.

Few years ago I have realised that I can actually pursue this older passion of mine and started finding my way around, bought kits and tools and books and have been browsing the net to see how others do it, what they have to say about their experience and approach to things. Been slaughtering some kits too trying to get it right but I suppose sometimes it happens that you look at the result of your efforts and it turns out to be a little bit :blink :pinch: :sick:

It was throughout this whole learning experience (which never stops anyway) that I learnt of the big names in the world of modelling, saw their work and started having a better image of what it actually takes to produce something amazing.

My absolute favourite in terms of modelling are the vignettes and dioramas, mainly in 1/35 WW2 related. This is where I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Mr. Letterman :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
Your work is absolutely amazing and has been my inspiration and motivation since day 1.

Anyway, to keep it short glad to be here, have had a browse through the gallery and all, obviously a lot more to see yet, but back to modelling.

Have a great weekend everyone :drinks (y) :D

Laurence

Welcome aboard. Lots of really good friends to learn from here. Looking forward to seeing your builds. Big thing is have fun :D
James

Welcome to the madhouse Laurence :drinks

Good to have another diorama/vignette builder here :) Maybe you finnish more than i do hahaha

Looking forward to see some of your projects, if you have questions just shout out, there are many here to answer any kind of question (well almost :gogo )

//Mats

Welcome aboard Laurence, don't be shocked if folks start calling you Wolfie....or it may end up Wulf...

Nice intro, I think most of us old guys made our return to the hobby much the same way.

Welcome aboard and show us some of your work so far :popcorn

Where wolf? :laugh:

Welcome, looking forward to seeing your builds! (y) :drinks

Just a quick post to say thanks for allowing me to be a part of this forum and to introduce myself.

Been living in Australia for the past 10 years, been keen on modelling since I was a kid but, due to the place I was living in at the time, modelling wasn't the easiest thing to get yourself into.

Few years ago I have realised that I can actually pursue this older passion of mine and started finding my way around, bought kits and tools and books and have been browsing the net to see how others do it, what they have to say about their experience and approach to things. Been slaughtering some kits too trying to get it right but I suppose sometimes it happens that you look at the result of your efforts and it turns out to be a little bit :blink :pinch: :sick:

It was throughout this whole learning experience (which never stops anyway) that I learnt of the big names in the world of modelling, saw their work and started having a better image of what it actually takes to produce something amazing.

My absolute favourite in terms of modelling are the vignettes and dioramas, mainly in 1/35 WW2 related. This is where I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Mr. Letterman :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
Your work is absolutely amazing and has been my inspiration and motivation since day 1.

Anyway, to keep it short glad to be here, have had a browse through the gallery and all, obviously a lot more to see yet, but back to modelling.

Have a great weekend everyone :drinks (y) :D

Laurence

Well Thank you for saying that Laurence,

You will like this great group of guys, some heavy duty talent here!

Welcome aboard!!

Bob

Gentlemen, thank you very much for your warm welcome.

Won't be surprised at variations of the nickname, used to it really and it all makes sense - I was born in a place called Transylvania so there goes Where Wolf ( I am really not that bad), my grandfather was a pilot in WW2 and he flew Me109's, IAR80's not sure about the FW190 but it's close still :D

A more appropriate nickname would have probably been White_Kangaroo got some pics with some albino kangaroos, they look quite cute, will post them later on.

On a side note ... Australian War Memorial in Canberra has some great displays of WW2 stuff, some of which are really amazing: Lancaster bomber G for George, an 88mm Gun, a ME 262, a Komet, a Me109, a Kw82 in DAK colours and many many more. I have some pics, have a visit planned (3 hrs drive) and can take as many as needed. So, if any of the fine folks in here would like to put a request forward, I'd be happy to oblige :v

As for my work, here's some pics taken at various competitions. Please be as critical as you possibly can, as someone smart said some time ago, "You learn a lot more from criticism than you'll ever learn from praise".

So, here are some photos of some of my models :blush:

hf592279.jpg

he38acc9.jpg

hc77becf.jpg

hb34d156.jpg

h8b5ca5e.jpg

Man there is some nice stuff there. I really like the way you did the wall display. What an uber cool idea.

hf592279.jpg

And I really like this little vignette a lot.

h8b5ca5e.jpg

I'm thinking you'll be one of my teachers :D

Oh and if you can get some good Komet shots I'd be really happy.

James

Thank you James :drinks

That wallmount raised some eyebrows and it always went in the Open category as it wouldn't fit into any other. Rommel is a 1/16, everything else is a 1/35.

I think I have a photo of that Komet but will take some more in January. In the meantime, here's some Lancaster, Me109 and closeups of the 262. Also a german :pilot outfit, complete with the Iron Crosses 2nd and 1st class

h9a9e378.jpg

h924572d.jpg

h32019d0.jpg

h6227b7e.jpg

Welcome Laurence,
what part of NSW are you from?
I see you entered the Illawarra model expo this year, and a 3 hour drive to Canberra means you should be fairly close to where I live - Wollongong.

If you attend next years model expo we will have to meet up.

Phil

Laurence,

I like your style. You do unique presentations and you model armor, aircraft and figures!

I think you're going to fit in nicely around here! (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Welcome Laurence,
what part of NSW are you from?
I see you entered the Illawarra model expo this year, and a 3 hour drive to Canberra means you should be fairly close to where I live - Wollongong.

If you attend next years model expo we will have to meet up.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I live at Baulkham Hills, 20 mins out of Sydney CBD. Yes, I did attend Illawarra, Adelaide, Sydney and Canberra this year. For next year I want to do the same plus Brisbane and Wagga or whatever we have mid north NSW.

Here's some pics of the Komet at National War Memorial in Canberra. Apologies for the angles, I'll try better ones next time.

Laurence,

I like your style. You do unique presentations and you model armor, aircraft and figures!

I think you're going to fit in nicely around here!

Bob

Thanks Bob, that is much appreciated.

And thanks again everyone for the kind words.

Laurence

h56bf258.jpg

hf663e6b.jpg

Welcome aboard WW, I'm just across the Tasman - Taranaki, NZ - Like your stuff, looking forward to seeing more.

Ian

Welcome to the loony bin Laurence :gogo Love the idea of those wall mounted dioramas. I've never thought of doing it that way. (y)

Thanks Ian & nerdling

That came after I built a little vignette on a photoframe - Rommel in the mountains of North Africa.
Then, i took the madness to the next level and bought that big thing with few photo frames and I put what I thought would be a significant part of DAK in each. Then I thought of trying to make some of the elements in each frame interact with others if possible ....

Results could have been better, it was regarded as a novelty at the competitions, raised a few eyebrows too. Oh well, I had fun doing it.

Cheers,
Laurence

Back