• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Greetings from Tulsa

PC12Driver

Hello all! I was just introduced to this forum by another member and I figured it was time to sign-up! I am a former corporate pilot but am now permanently grounded & retired due to health issues. Being disabled, I needed something to get me out of bed and give me some sense of accomplishment at he end of the day. I believe I made the right decision!

I am finding that building kits is not much different from flying in the fact that it is something you can never truly master. You can always do better! Granted, there are some incredibly gifted craftsmen out there - but the rest of us (I believe) are doing our best and are always trying to improve! It's very rare that anybody outside of the family sees my final product - but I see them every day and wish that I could rebuild everyone of them. I guess (or hope!) that's a sign of progress!

Building kits has been both fun and frustrating at times - but the biggest pay-off I have gotten from the activity is meeting some great guys (and gals!) from around the planet that I remain in contact with. We all share the same interest and speak the same language. Guys in Finland are also known to have given a particular build an "unauthorized test flight into the nearest wall" every now and then!

I look forward to meeting more of you as time goes by.

Kevin Farrell
PC12Driver (or at least I used to be!)

Welcome to MA Kevin :Hiay
If we have nothing more to learn, and can't do any better, then it's getting boring, so i guess it doesn't matter how good you are, it's always something you can improve :)
Looking forward to see some of your builds :)
//Mats

Welcome Kevin. Looking forward to seeing your builds. There are some great guys and gals to learn from here, I know I always do.
James

Welcome aboard Kevin, please share with us some of your builds so far. I've seen where folks like you, with intimate knowledge of the subjects, can take detail to a new level. :popcorn

Yes that is true! You know that the doodads that are on the aircraft you flew look nothing like the doodad you just glued to a whatchamacallit! (Sorry for the technical jargon!)

Seriously, it would be a great service is the people who draw the instructions would label the items. It would be a tremendous learning opportunity. I think Tamiya probably produces the highest quality images that look like they came off a CAD printer. But simply labeling part C-49 as the left side "Angle-of-Attack" probe and C-50 as Pitot Tube" would add a new dimension to a simple build.

Thanks for the "Howdy"
Kevin

So are you going to start dogging me over here too?

I REPAID you the $20 I borrowed from you in Sr. homeroom! 40 years go by and it's nothing but nag nag nag!

Just goes to show that I really have needed tobe looking around here more!

Hey Kevin! Your in my old stomping grounds! Grew up in Tulsa and BA. Moved to Memphis 8 years ago but still think of T-town as home. Welcome to the forum!!! If you are interested PM me and maybe we can meet upthe next time I come back. :D

Kevin and I get together as often as we can, especially when I need to get a boost of male bonding.He has met Tim G (nsmekanik) and they seemed to hit it off pretty well. I hope he sees this and maybe will think I do sort of like him.

Hello all! I was just introduced to this forum by another member and I figured it was time to sign-up! I am a former corporate pilot but am now permanently grounded & retired due to health issues. Being disabled, I needed something to get me out of bed and give me some sense of accomplishment at he end of the day. I believe I made the right decision!

I am finding that building kits is not much different from flying in the fact that it is something you can never truly master. You can always do better! Granted, there are some incredibly gifted craftsmen out there - but the rest of us (I believe) are doing our best and are always trying to improve! It's very rare that anybody outside of the family sees my final product - but I see them every day and wish that I could rebuild everyone of them. I guess (or hope!) that's a sign of progress!

Building kits has been both fun and frustrating at times - but the biggest pay-off I have gotten from the activity is meeting some great guys (and gals!) from around the planet that I remain in contact with. We all share the same interest and speak the same language. Guys in Finland are also known to have given a particular build an "unauthorized test flight into the nearest wall" every now and then!

I look forward to meeting more of you as time goes by.

Kevin Farrell
PC12Driver (or at least I used to be!)

Hi Kevin I like your frame of mind.

Welcome to MA !

Cheers, Christian

Back