• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hi from Down Under

Turkeyshot

Hi All,

I am new here and so wanted to drop in and say hi. I have only quite recently returned to modelling for the first time in about 15 years - not that I did too much when I was younger. I found a couple of old 1/35 AFV kits (Dragon ZSU-23M AA gun) in storage after returning to Australia last year and thought I would take a crack at them. As I am still brand spanking new at this I have not developed any particular interest in any one genre of modelling. That said, however, most of my modelling so far has been 1/35 military AFVs and I am also having a go at a diorama. Oh yeah, and I also collect and customise 1/6 weapons and firearms.

At present I am working on the following builds (I tend to get kind of restless and start too many things at once):

1) Dragon Panzer IB (in DAK colour scheme) - AFV finished, working on base
2) WWII Normandy diorama (yet to decide what I am going to put on it) - base partially done, AFV undecided
3) WWII Normandy bridgehead vignette - base partially finished, motorcycle not started
4) Various 1/6 custom firearms

I'll get around to posting up some photos for some feedback at some point.

Cheers,
Turkeyshot

Welcome aboard, looking forward to those pictures so we don't have to pull this on ya.

:nopics

Welcome! Glad to have you back in the hobby and I look forward to seeing your work. There is a D-Day Campaign underway, check it out and hop in if you like. https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/d-day-2013
:drinks

Welcome Turkey! With an avatar like that how can you go wrong!

Look forward to seeing your stuff.

Terry B)

Thanks for the welcome fellas! Y'all sure do know how to make a new guy feel welcome.

Heya Phil... I'm based in Sydney mate; where are you?

Thanks for the welcome fellas! Y'all sure do know how to make a new guy feel welcome.

Heya Phil... I'm based in Sydney mate; where are you?
He is married to a sheep in Woolagong :D :rotf (Man Marcy is going to give me an earfull next time she is Skype) :geek

OH SA Dave - you are sooo dead buddy!!!

Marcy has her carving knife ready - you better hope we never visit SA

I'm in Wollongong Ts.

instead of calling you Turkeyshot, what's ya first name

Cheers!

OH SA Dave - you are sooo dead buddy!!!

Marcy has her carving knife ready - you better hope we never visit SA

I'm in Wollongong Ts.

instead of calling you Turkeyshot, what's ya first name

Cheers!
Marcy loves me We do share a birthdate after all :drinks

Back