• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello! New guy here.....

mudtug

Just joined yesterday, at the suggestion of a friend.

Just wanted to say hi!

I am a 1/35th guy, with a heavy focus on scratch building undamaged WWII structures, most recently focused on occupied France.

I have attached a couple pics (I think?) of some of my previous builds, unfortunately they are all devoid of "life" (or figs at least)

modellersalliancepic_1.jpg

modellersalliancepic_2.jpg

modellersalliancepic_3.jpg

modellersalliancepic_4.jpg

modellersalliancepic_5.jpg

New challenge for the summer will be painting figure faces! Been at this for 25 years and still struggle endlessly at creating
(in my words) "the perfect" flesh finish! Hopefully with some practice and not too much frustration I will nail it?

Nevertheless, always looking to learn a new technique. I look forward to participating on the forums and seeing what everyone
else is up to, on their bench/case.

Thank you!
Mike R

Mike, I hope you don't mind that I inserted the attachments into the post as I find your work amazing.

thumbsup.gif

Welcome to Modelers' Alliance!

Regards,

Sharkmouth,
Thank you, I'm flattered. I have pretty much been a closet builder for the past 20 years. Haven't shared much with
anyone outside my circle of friends (who aren't modelers, I might add).

I appreciate you adding the pics to the post itself!

Mike R

Welcome and fantastic stuff you have there. Maybe you might do a sbs as it looks like you have it aced. As for painting a face Giovanni has a fantastic sbs here https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/giovanni-azzara/31654-qpainting-with-giovanni-fleshtonesq
and here
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/giovanni-azzara/42510-painting-with-giovanni-video-tutorial

James

Welcome to MA . Good to have another buckeye on here .

Just make yourself at home . Plenty of nice folks here who will be glad to point you towards what you seek .

Cheers, Christian B)

Mike it's really nice that you sharing here, really nice building there. The Control Tower is amazing. :notworthy

Nothing to be embarassed about. Its a Step By step. No pressure or anything either. You just did some amazing work on your buildings.
James

SBS, Step by Step instructions, so dummies like me can understand how you can scratch build something soo cool.

Welcome, Mike! Did I hear that you are moving to NC soon? Where in NC? The buildings are quite well done, looking forward to seeing more!

Welcome Mike!
Some wonderful builds you have done! and so nice to see undamaged houses to, not just ruines (y)
I especially like the bridge :)
I also like scratchbuilding, hope to make something close to your builds someday :drinks
//Mats

Hi Mike [hey another Mike around here],Welcome to the Alliance!
Well done buildings for sure!Is that a MB cow I spot on that first picture?Think I did the same one. :)
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/fettes-figure-forum/145324-mooooh

Greetings,Ron.

Hi everyone,
I took some time today and uploaded some additional photos into the "my gallery" section of the site. Not sure how to
edit the descriptions? Hope you enjoy them!

Thank you,
Mike R

Hi Mike!
Just checked out your gallery, very nice stuff. I love structures, and especially really nice scratchbuilt
ones, which these are.

I'm curious how you made the windows, are they your own castings?

Good luck in your move!

Tom

Tom,
I built the masters out of Evergreen strip stock on a piece of 0.040" styrene sheet. So the detail to be seen was facing away from the
Bottom sheet (which I carefully glued the strips to). Then built the mold walls around the window detail, poured RTV rubber and away I went!

Made 5 more molds for the large windows and only 1 each for the square and small ones. Took some time to cast them all, but aside from the gutters EVERYTHING is built from scratch!

The large windows in the cafe are 0.010" clear plastic sandwiched between matching frames of styrene.

Thanks,
Mike R

Two weeks from everywhere, a real geographical oddity! :laugh: It's about 45-50 miles from Charlotte, or as they say here, minutes.

Back