• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello from Louisiana

Hi everyone , back after a long hiatus to the modelling world , amazed at the changes that have occured . namely resin and vallejo.
I have poor eye sight i wear +3.00 glasses just to read a book and my hands seem to be a bit more shakey than i remember.
I will be 60 in a few years and find that modelling helps me relax and is a welcome diversion from drinking and chasing women
But at least I have money now instead of having to nag my parents to buy me another little bottle of airfix paint.
so I have bought the winsor and newtons and a load of vallejo paints books videos a dremel etc .
I am a Brit who moved to the US 20 odd years ago. i was in the British army for 3 years in the mid to late 70's and
five years in the French Foreign Legion in the early 80's .
I am starting slowly buying verlinden vignettes and working on my level
of painting that is so bad it can only get better. I want to make anti war dioramas if that makes sense showing the reality
of war which is pain suffering and misery as opposed to something that is noble and glorious.

I have a lot of questions which hopefully I can find answers to on here.

Welcome and I'm sure you will find lots of helpful people here. Modeling is for fun so enjoy yourself. As for the subject matter, fully understandable. War isnt what the books and movies portray. Looking forward to seeing your builds.
James

Welcome to MA :) Interesting ideas for your dioramas, and if you need help just ask, there is always someone here to assist you :drinks
//Mats

Welcome Modelers Alliance! Look forward to seeing your work.

Terry B)

Hey,another armor builder! :yipee
I am dancing but not singing,...dont wanna scare you. :laugh:

Good thing you found and joined us.Lots to learn around here,and if you got questions,just ask.
Be free to share your work with us.
WELCOME to the ALLIANCE.

Greetings,Ron.

Welcome back to the hobby. You picked a great place to join. Lost of guys here that are very knowledgeable. Looking forward to seeing some of your builds.

Welcome aboard, glad yous stuck with the registration process, generally not as hard as what you went through, but now you're in, you can't get out...:rotf

I know your name from our email exchanges but some folks don't want their real names used on forums, so what shall we call you?

Welcome aboard!!

And welcome back to modelling! A lot of great guys and girls here of all modelling skills, but with one thing in common; the great fun of the hobby! Feel free to ask any questions you want, there is always someone who knows the answer here (y) Looking forward to see some of your work!

Have fun!

Erik

Hi ! Welcome to MA. I'll be looking forward to you showing some of your work .

UK to France to Louisiana . Are you over the culture shock yet .

Great bunch of guys here . Make yourself at home.

Cheers, Christian B)

Where in Louisiana are you located? I'm in southwest LA in a little place called Sulphur.

Kenny

Back