• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello from Tulsa Oklahoma

drhornii

I was just turned on to the site, hopefully I can contribute more in the near future!

Basically I build aircraft of all eras but most of my builds are modern jets. Right now I am working on a Roden 1/48 scale Fokker D.VII (early). It will be Udets airplane but a little artistic liberties will be used since it will look similar to a friends 80% scale D.VII he flies. You have to have a fun build occasionally......

Welcome aboard David, post up some of your stuff and let's get a look at it. Sorry about the confusion on your registration. :mpup

Don't listen to this guy. He is a nefarious character. :gogo

Welcome to the madhouse Dave,I am glad you made it. :pilot

Welcome aboard David, post up some of your stuff and let's get a look at it. Sorry about the confusion on your registration. :mpup

As I mentioned, my screen name is my initials (David R HORN II).....and yes I have heard all the jokes. My bicycle team just calls me horny, wife hates it but I do not mind.

Just a sampling of my work.....
1/48 scale A-1E (Tamiya Matchbox kitbash). Featured in IPMS Journal Spring 2008 (69 Camaro on cover).
01-tad.jpg

02A.jpg

1/144 heavies collection
144-scale-02.jpg

1/32 Trumpeter P-38 with Zoukei-mura TA 152, both basically built OOB
TA152P-38L.jpg

TA152-01.jpg

Fuel injection lines and cowl prop rods added, everything else OOB.
TA152-10.jpg

Awesome stuff. Really love the ZM Ta 152. Missed out on those the first time around, but I hear they might be reissued.
James

Welcome to the nuthouse
Padded rooms are to the left and medicine dispensary is the last room to the right
Straight jackets are optional

Great Builds there :coolio

Welcome on board David . Hope you enjoy the camaraderie here.

Personally I think all build need to be fun irregardless .

Thanks for sharing some of your builds. The Sandy particularly speaks to me.

Cheers, Christian B)

Dave welcomed me to the Tulsa IPMS modelers club last year. I have learned quite a bit just by looking at his builds rather closely and I also value his suggestions. I think you guys will like his stuff also.

Welcome at MA David (y)

I'm sure you will feel right at home here, great models you've made! Looking forward to follow one of your builds!

Cheers Erik

Wow, you do have a built in Delta pledge nickname, don't you? Come on in, David- that Spad looks great!

Back