• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Southeast Georgia Checking In

kfriend

Hello everyone,

Bob has asked me to check in here and provide a little background information, so here goes......

I have been building models for over 60 years in just about every material you can imagine. Most have been aircraft and automotive, but ships have shown up on my shelves periodically as well. Most recently I have been involved with Tom Reilly's restoration of a real XP-82 Twin Mustang in Douglas, Georgia. My involvement began as a 1/32 F-82 scratch modeling project and turned into helping with interior placards, instrument panels, throttle quadrants, etc. Then some of the Investors asked if I would build models of the XP for them. It's been great to see this project develop from badly damaged parts to a beautiful reproduction of the original #2 XP-82 prototype.

I will post some other pictures of the F-82 models I have been working on later in the week. In the meantime I have posted pictures of the 1/32 Tamiya P-51 I had in Dincan last fall. Thanks for lettin' this old guy be a part of your modeling group!

Ken Friend

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0222_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

Ken, your ears must have been burning. Mike and I were talkin just last night if you had signed up or not.

I didn't realize you were way down in Douglas, man that would have been a drive to Duncan.

Welcome aboard Ken, glad to have you here. Wonderful timing also, I've just started a F84 Thunderjet and I intend to do it in NMF, BMF I think.

I take the liberty to include your images on your post, we generally don't search out the gallery, you gotta show it of.

HA! I knew we had more.

IMG_5828.JPG

Ken, Chris(PhantomII) and myself. I don't know what the hell I was talking about, come to think of it, I probably didn't know what the hell I was talking about...:rotf

More of Ken's work

IMG_5817.JPG

IMG_5822.JPG

Welcome aboard Ken!

An amazing Mustang (y) (y) the ammo belts ........... amazing :woohoo:

A lot of great people here (and Bob also) :yipee have fun!

Erik

HA! I knew we had more.

IMG_5828.JPG

Ken, Chris(PhantomII) and myself. I don't know what the hell I was talking about, come to think of it, I probably didn't know what the hell I was talking about...:rotf
I know what he is saying. "That damn South African SA Dave, he is giving me grey hairs." :geek

Welcome aboard Ken :notworthy

:drinks Welcome to the family Ken!
Wonderful builds you got there (y)
I'm looking forward to see more of that :Hiay
//Mats

Glad you finally made it, Ken! Folks, the pictures I took do not do justice to Ken's work, it is really special. Hope you have some new birds in the works to share with us. (y)

Glad you finally made it, Ken! Folks, the pictures I took do not do justice to Ken's work, it is really special. Hope you have some new birds in the works to share with us. (y)

Thank you Mike! Sorry, it took so long; us old folks don't move too fast ya know..... I do have some new stuff I am getting ready for Jacksonville, so will post pics as time permits and as I learn my way around the forum.

Thanks again to the others for their kind words!

Ken

Ken are you going to make it to the shows in Atlanta?
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/news-reviews-and-shows/132649-atlanta-shows-coming-up#132844

Ken are you going to make it to the shows in Atlanta?
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/news-reviews-and-shows/132649-atlanta-shows-coming-up#132844

Probably not. Their list of categories is very limited, and I can't believe they are charging $10.00 per entry for the first 3 (according to their posting.) They might want to re-word that if it is 3 entries for $10.00. I am planning to go to Jacksonville, Warner Robins, and Sumter.

Ken

I think Sumter (or Sumpter for the locals) is on our list as well.

I'm not entering anything in any of those shows, I just to pillage the vendors and meet up with folks.

I think Sumter (or Sumpter for the locals) is on our list as well.

I'm not entering anything in any of those shows, I just to pillage the vendors and meet up with folks.
That's the spirit! :drinks

Maybe someday $$$$$$$ I could join you folks!

Cheers

Art

ps: Happy new year! :geek

Back