• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello FNG checking in

Tank

I am Tank....yes (good or bad :eyeroll: ) the same one you may have seen on the other modeling web forums.

If you don't like me....blame chukw. :laugh:

What's not to like, we got no haters here.

Welcome aboard Tank, glad to have ya. Post up some of stuff so we can check it out!

sorry about the trouble getting registered. Should be all good now

The last thing I have worked on.

One of the guys in my club was asking about punches and making a small scale fly fishing reel with the hand being 3/4" across.

Here is the photos I was trying to work from, Link

The largest disk is 1/2" dia.

Gen1
008-2.jpg

Gen2 - the black dots are Archer Fine Transfer rivets
009-4.jpg

Gen2 on the left and Gen1 on the right.
006-3.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-4.jpg

012-3.jpg

Still need to add the brackets to attach it to the fishing rod. Plus it needs some paint.

I have added a bracket and painted with Alclad but I don't think I took any photos before giving one of them away. Need to repair and some more paint to one of them.

Yes, I am the same one as on ARC. I have a few 53's but none are on the bench currently. I have a 1/72 H-34 I am mostly trying to finish but it's been a slow go for some unknown reason. Need to decal and add a probe, no more then twenty decals...ugh.

As she sits.....
009-3.jpg

Thanks for the nice words on fly reel. I had fun trying something new, wish it was always that fun.

Lookin good!

I only asked about the -53 b/c I thought you were one of the guys when there were several going on. I have on I started during the Heli GB a few years ago, that I decided to go nuts on. Now that I have room I'm hoping to pull it back out and work on it again.

Lookin good!

I only asked about the -53 b/c I thought you were one of the guys when there were several going on. I have on I started during the Heli GB a few years ago, that I decided to go nuts on. Now that I have room I'm hoping to pull it back out and work on it again.

IIRC Marine4ever (Echo) and Doupnik (Delta) were the two folks detailing out 53's. Doupnik finished his. Dan's was waylayed by his kid dropping glue over it.

Back