• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

(Another) from New Zealand checking-in !!

ij001

Hello folks :coolio

I already recognise a few names here.... (you know who you are !!). My name's Ian, originally from the Peoples Democratic Republic of Merseyside in the U.K., but as of April this year, relocated to New Plymouth, New Zealand.

Been a modeler since my seventh birthday when I was given a FROG DH88 Comet, and next January I'll reach the BIG FIVE-OH. Ans I'm still building, albeit with a wee bit more care and less of that stringy 'Britfix 77' cement we used to use in the very early 1970's !!

I'll post a couple of my more recent builds in the appropriate section, but due to our change in circumstances/hemisphere what I was building this time last year doesn't reflect what I'm building now.

Because we're living in a (very nice) house that is roughly half the size of the one we left in Englandshire my hobby has been appropriately 'downsized' too. So instead of the 1:48 & 1:32 aircraft I built back there, I'm now re-discovering (through necessity) my passion for 1:24/25 NASCAR stock-cars and American muscle cars.... take-up a lot less space when built, y'see, so SWMBO has less cause to grind her teeth in my direction :v

Anyhoos, that's enuff chatter from me. Look forward to exchanging comments and banter with folks here in due course. Off now to have a wander around the site.

Best

Ian

Jug Junkie.... Now there's a name I know, which other model sites were/are you on ??

Ian

Some say he can not talk

Some say he eats an elephant for breakfast every day

Here we just call him Ian :geek

Sorry I could not resist - Welcome aboard

"...and I only know two things about ducks. And they're both wrong."

Yep we can keep this going for ever !!

Ian

Jug Junkie.... Now there's a name I know, which other model sites were/are you on ??

Ian

Hi Ian,

Only other sites that it could have been are ARC - for many years, FSM - for a short time or Swanny's - for awhile.

Cheers and again welcome

Hi Ian, Welcome nice to have a bit more Britishness going on (y) (y) (y) :drinks

Seriously welcome to a brilliant site mate

Back