• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

evening

fightnjoe

well at least it is as i post this.

some may know me, some may not. i am joe. i try to put plastic together with glue. sometimes it works and sometimes ............well...............not so much. my interests are across the board, although i tend to gravitate between aircraft (ww2 allied) and autos. i am a member of several forums but not nearly as prolific as i was in the past. i also have this large obsession with remembering the pearl harbor attack.

i browsed these pages for about a month before joining. looks like a pretty active group. thanks for letting me in.

joe

Hey Joe,

Welcome! We don't mind fanatical people... I hear there is one who is nuts about painted faces on vehicles, especially sharks!

Regards,

G'day mate,welcome to a top site and a great bunch of bloke's and gall's. :Hiay
Mind you,most of us is mad. :gogo :gogo :gogo :yipee

Welcome joe! nice to see that you build cars (y) not so much of that in here Hope to see some good lookin' plastic! :D
//Mats

many thanks for the warm welcome. like i said i am not as prolific as i once was at posting. i will try in the next few days to post some of my work.

i do remember an individual that had a love for "sharkmouths". hmmmm seems i have done one or two of them myself. i also remember a guy that had this technique for painting that he showed and then i adopted.

bagge my autos are definitely not of higher quality (none of my work really is) but i do love to try to do them from time to time. seems i gravitate to rat rods/street rods/hot rods/and mustangs.

good to see some familiar names and some out of my past. looking forward to "meeting" all of you.

joe

Bit Salute to Pvt. Joseph E. Mcaslin :mpup

Lots of Mcaslins in my family tree Joe, you got any roots back to upstate South Carolina?

thank you for the welcome.

i was told when i was young that all the mccaslins in this country were related. so it may be possible.

PFC Joseph E. McCaslin was my grandfather (died four years before i was born). served in the pacific, wounded on saipan. i have the purple heart. i also have his name, when i grew old enough that became something that caused me to rethink my outlook on life. i intend that when i see him for the first time he tells me i did well.

he is also on my mind when i say,

Never To Be Forgotten.

joe

Back