• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Newbie to the forum, so break it down to me...

Apotheosis

Yupp, got drafted today, so i had no choice ;-) Looks to me like this forum..(burning midnight oil)...gonna be a blast! (i think i know what "breaking in" may refer to, butt my head was off-line when i registered last night, haha. I like to collect and build plastic model aeroplane kit`s and relevant stuff to complement these for diorama builds. I don`t build modern jet`s, boats, cars, etc. It`s all about those glorious days of aviation for me (WWII) I solely build 1:72 scale as this is what i am collecting. Alot to do with space, and ofcourse the challenge of building smaller kit`s. But i think i remmember back in those days when i started collecting model kit`s that the 72 scale was the most relevant scale in terms of selection (supply&demand) i would never (nowadays) build a model straight out of the box. I like to add some extra detail as part of every build of mine. One other thing, i always build them with gears down so they become sitting duck`s. I do not care that much for accuracy as far as a kit "measures out" and all that, but i still may try to get the highest quality kit for any particular subject. I use humbrol enamels 14ml tinlets, and have been for all my life. i started spray painting my models about 15 years ago. i have an Aztek A407 wich serves as a reserve. I generally use my Olympos SP-B airbrush. Will try to upload some pics of my oldest model kit`s so you can enjoy some of those. Now, i feel inclined to checking out the rest of this forum...later ;-)

Re: Yes i am newbie to the forum. Please break me in..

Well welcome then, so tell us all what do you build ?

You may want to rephrase your topic heading, we have a guy here call Chef Dave and that request could be regretted :fencing

Welcome aboard look forward to seeing your work.

You may want to rephrase your topic heading, we have a guy here call Chef Dave and that request could be regretted :fencing

Welcome aboard look forward to seeing your work.
I was thinking the same :rotf
Welcome to the nuthouse!

Welcome aboard, I know the draft board who conscripted you in here, looking forward to seeing your work. :popcorn

Welcome to Modelers Alliance!! Have fun!

Terry B)

Hiya, Apotheosis- make yourself comfortable. :snoopy

Welcome Apotheosis ! I hope you will post some pictures of your work soon .

Cheers, Christian B)

Welcome to the Alliance :Hiay
Hope you will find it a nice place and i'm also looking forward to see your builds!
What are you building? tanks flying targets :pilot or civilian stuff?
//Mats

Yes, certainly! I will try to upload some pictures of some of my projects/builds with my crappy ole camera..give or take a day or so, and the better part of me will be getting around to that task. Happy Ducking ;-)

Gee wiz I could almost have typed that introduction for myself . I think we will get along splendidly !

Cheers, Christian B) :popcorn

Back