• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Intro of a new guy

Belg

Good morning folks, I was brought to the site by one of Bob's diorama builds. I was/am looking for info on planning something similar. The one I have in mind is the Coccoon, my setting will be more of a fishing village with a schooner/fishing vessel. Any help with some direction for a large diorama like this would be much appreciated. The dimensions for this project are 84 +/-x46, i have started by collecting a large amount of pictures and reference material but need to size them yet. I am a model train builder and have done a few small dioramas, and most times scratchbuild these from the aforementioned materials.
This link is to my Flickr account an example of one of my builds.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54316529@N00/4056577813/in/photostream
Look forward to working with you all and picking your collective brains. Pat

Welcome Pat

That`s certainly a great looking layout and build you have going on there

Im sure Bob Letterman would give you some awesome advice plus treemendus` Anthony Reeves would also give you advice on groundwork
You can see both examples in our masterclass section

Ive never done trains but I admire the artistry that goes into a layout

Have fun ! :drinks

Hi Pat, welcome!

I dabble in trains too, but got bit by the armor bug and can't shake it.

I'm assuming this will be in HO?

Tom

Ron, you got it. I was born in Belgium and moved to the States when I was only 9. LOOOONG time ago since I'm now 51.

To the rest of you, thanks much for the welcome and look forward to hearing from both Bob and Anthony.

Hi Pat,

Glad to see you made it! It seems we have something else in common. I had a Belgian business partner for many years and spent a great deal of time in Lier, Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent and Brugge from the 70s through 2000.

I'd be more than happy to help you on your project!

Welcome to the friendliest model site on the web!

Bob

A warm welcome from your old country Belgium! :drinks
Looking forward to see more of your work here, i had plans for large dioramas to but never got to it, i stay with sizes that fits on my shelf :gogo
//Mats

Hi Pat,

Glad to see you made it! It seems we have something else in common. I had a Belgian business partner for many years and spent a great deal of time in Lier, Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent and Brugge from the 70s through 2000.

Bob
Bob, it is a small world and country. I lived right outside Antwerp.
How do you think is the best way for me to develop this project? By showing stick drawings or the actual reference pics?

Hi Pat,

Bob
Bob, it is a small world and country. I lived right outside Antwerp.
How do you think is the best way for me to develop this project? By showing stick drawings or the actual reference pics?

Not answering for Dad (inside joke, you'll come up to speed with it soon enough) but just start a thread in the Dio section and tell us what you got in mind.

Welcome to the ALLIANCE Mate!
This will be a great project, I'll prepare the pizza, popcorn, beer, chimarrão
And wait for the show! :drinks

Cheers :mpup

Art

Hey Pat,

I think Moon Puppy has the right idea. Start a blog in the diorama section and ask questions. I'll do my best to answer and hopefully give you some help.

Bob

Back