• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello all !

willem

Hello all !

I like the way basic techniques are clearly explained at this site.

Im an older person who recently returned to his hobby from younger days.
And a lot has changed since !
Everything I made so far was painted by hand, with hardly any basic knowledge.
Most shown vehicles are between 15-30 years old.
Only few months ago bought my first airbrush and right now struggling with the basic techniques.
Also things like PE, resin, sculpting, washes, color-modulation, figure-blending, its all new to
me.
But I try to learn, and by doing so hope to get somehow better.

My favorites are ww2 vehicles/figures in their natural environment, that means diorama's.
And in my personal vision any spectator should recognize the setting, even without subtitle.
That implicits pretty big dio's, and so they are.
In spite of their size, please judge me at beginner-level. A closer look tells that it is far from
master quality.

But as said, im slowly learning and future ones will be better.

Few samples of my work below:

Russian soldiers(1942) sharing wodka before attack
uranus_10.jpg

uranus_8.jpg

Stalingrad streetfights
sta3.jpg

sta11.jpg

Liberation of a french town (1944)
bev3.jpg

D-day Normandy
dd_5.jpg

Welcome to Modelers Alliance Willem,.. :drinks

You certainly have created some great looking dioramas !!!!! (y)

You have stated that you wish to learn about a lot of stuff and let me tell you there`s no better place to ask away than here !

:dude

Welcome to the forum Willem!
That's some nice dioramas you have there :)
Looking forward to see more of that and if you have questions just ask there is always someone here that have an answer, or know someone who does! :)
//Mats

Thanks guys.

Well here is my first question:
How to edit my posts ? Cant find the edit button...
Had some wrong links in the first part :S

EDIT:
OK found the edit button right to the quote button.
But its out of screen on main article, maybe because size of pics ?
So not in reach...

Hey,I see you found Modeler's Alliance,Willem! (y)

You can learn a lot on this site,and the atmosphere is really good here.

Check out the MASTERS section,and learn from the bests like for instance BOB LETTERMAN.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/weathering-olive-drab

See you next time in person at the bouwgroep Limburg meeting. :drinks

Groeten,Ron.

Thanks guys.

Well here is my first question:
How to edit my posts ? Cant find the edit button...
Had some wrong links in the first part :S

EDIT:
OK found the edit button right to the quote button.
But its out of screen on main article, maybe because size of pics ?
So not in reach...

Greetings Willem, Glad you got in here, sorry about rejecting your account at first, you were in a batch of about 5 spambots that were rejected.

Your Dios look great, you say you're here to learn but I'm going to bet you'll be teaching some of us a thing or two also (y)

If you are having problems with images not resizing to fit the frame you are likely running an older version of a internet browser. I would suggest upgrading your browser to the latest version.

We suggest viewing the site in the Mozilla Firefox browser but that can be a personal preference, any standard web browser software will render the pages here correctly. We do have problems mostly with older versions of Microsoft's Internet Explorer, there's no fix to those problems other than upgrading to the latest version...

Sorry I got long winded on here...I'm the IT guy.. :mpup :woohoo:

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to Modelers Alliance!!! Really nice dioramas. (y)

Terry B)

Hello all,

Ron alreday "warned" me for the relaxed atmosphere around here.
And I must say, you gave me a warm welcome, tanx :)

Some of you asked for more pictures.
I would be glad to share, but the introduction page does not seem the right place.
Where should I put them ? Im talking about dozens, from different projects.

Moon puppy:
It is indeed a browser problem, Safari an Firefox do the job as they should.
On the other hand, Im using IE8 on Vista, which should be OK. Dont know why it has problems.

Once more, my dios are technically not that good.
But In my humble opinion it is also a matter of passion and feeling for your subject.
Study the situation by photo, film, books or else and catch the scene in your mind.
Try to reproduce that and you are on the right track.
This as a contrast to a vignette which is a showcase for a perfect vehicle and does not need any more explanation.

Well, from time to time I will update on my current projects, which are of course large and time consuming.

But a lot of fun to do !!

Welcome, Willem!! Those are some fine looking builds you've done, you'll fit right in!! (y)

Wow, great stuff Willem. You should be very exited about all the new awesome figure models there are today.
It ani't all Tamiya anymore...

Welcome
Tom

Hi TomN,

About figures, what you said is Word Of Truth (WOT these days ?), I am exited :)

Alpine, Warriors, you name it, sell excellent resin figures.
And even in plastic, Dragon, Tristar and many others make figures that are far above that old Tamiya/Italeri level.
Not even talking about self-sculpting, which is also a new possibility.

There's a whole new world for me out there, and Im going for it !!
I tend to mix everything to my special needs.

Build, and have fun, thats what its all about

Willem

Hallo Willem,

Welkom at MA! Great diorama's you've made, love the black and white pic of the landing craft!!

Groeten uit Assen

Erik

Hi Erik,

As you can see, my ambitions are big, my technics onfortunally smaller :( But working on it.
For me, making life-like ww2 dio's is the ultimate challenge.
The black-white image conversion is nice to compare with originals. Gives a good impression, right ?

I am in fact already working on a new big project (time-consuming !), from time to time I will post some progress.

See you around :)

Willem

Back