• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

U-552 - "Red Devils"

RW3

This is the 1/72nd scale Revell Type VIIC U Boat. Added all of the CMK interior sets (not sure why they never did the Radio Room for this particular boat), the wooden deck, several photo etch and aluminium sets and a resin conning tower. I super detailed the interior pieces with model railroad detail parts and scratchbuilt items with Evergreen strip. Gizmology as Shep Paine called it :) The bust is a 1/9th scale piece from Beneito, painted with Vallejos.
h076bdc9.jpg

h17c0824.jpg

hb5daba7.jpg

hde444bc.jpg

h71ce4c0.jpg

h1ddf3bd.jpg

h636f667.jpg

h3f9c6a9.jpg

hd303f01.jpg

h5147ba9.jpg

h539ec5b.jpg

hd04e039.jpg

Superb.

After spending two days opening up the limbers and vents, I can't imagine the time you put into that.

Wonderful work.

I forgot to mention: Since I've been working on one myself and all the research, etc. I came across some of the Trumpeter 1/48s with full interior that have been built. Your 1/72 is a better presentation than any of them.

Thanks ausf. I appreciate that. It was a fun build. Can't remember how many times I watched "Das Boot" during the build!

Back