• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The "Bigger Boat" you're going to need. 1/350 Orca

Rhino

Super Moderator
IMG_6351.JPG

I bet Brandon Lowe of Freetime Hobbies, that TLAR Models could finish a 1/350 scale Orca Kit, before he had his 1/700 scale AVG-1 USS Charger ready for market. She doesn't look like much yet, but She's coming along. It turns out NOT to be a joke!
It's ON Brandon!! :yipee
IMG_6352.JPG

I put her in the Navy category, since Samuel Quint was a USS Indianpolis sailor, in the movie Jaws. I notice most of TLAR kits are subjects from Movies I love. Hmmmm.

Thanks Men!
IMG_6369.JPG

Foredeck in place. This making masters is going a lot quicker the more I do. After Hull sides in place, and ready to have the dog-snot ground out of them, ER, Countoured and shaped!!
IMG_6371.JPG

"That's a 20-footer!" :eek:hmy:

"25. And three tons of Im." :skipper

The wily Mr. Clownie, regards Bigger Orca with a wary eye.
Thanks for looking in!!

IMG_6373.JPG

The flying bridge, and cabin roof will be separate part. It would not be done enough to attach anyhow!
Mr. Clownie's been cruisin' about, trying to scare people. I've got an Airbrush, and I'm not afraid to use it!! :bat
IMG_6374.JPG

I thought I saw him swimming and texting. Bad Fish!! It may be possible for my nuttiest customers to add the cabin interior. In not sure of the after cabin bulkhead. It's not quite right yet. :bang head
I won't be including any 1/350 bottles of Apricot Brandy! :drinks
IMG_6376.JPG

Good thing we got a bigger Boat! (almost) I'll epoxy the hull after the cabin is just so. You know, so I have more stuff to break of while I sand the bow profile!! :rotf
Thanks Brothers!! Things ARE going great!! :yipee
No WAY Brandon will beat me now!!

IMG_6377.JPG

BETTER!! New after cabin bulkhead!
IMG_6378.JPG

Hull; Filled, not quite finish sanded. Winders too! Not quite ready to mold. She's looking promising!

Holly cow, this looks like a weird scene from a Japanese sci-fi flick.

Tiny boats and giant flying fish :woohoo:

Pass the Rum :drinks

ha057cd9.JPG

1/350 Orca resin parts, going to be molded this week-end. :yipee
I made a 2nd cabin roof, so She can be made as the 34 foot Elco Sport Cruiser that Orca was originally.
For those of you who Rucker-ize everthing, you can add the cabin interior, if you wish! :gogo :dance

This one is twice the size I usually make. 1/350. Still dinky compared to some.............
h4066542.JPG

hba1333e.JPG

A near perfect csating of the 1/350 Orca mold!! :yipee :yipee :yipee
I could not be more pleased!! I win the 1/700 AVG-1 USS Charger/1/350 scale Orca bet I made with Brandon Lowe!!
h93f4e5e.JPG

"we're both Clown fish. What happened to you?" "Fairy Princess Balloon Party! Beware little Gurls!"
h555535a.JPG

h9c77981.JPG

Initial Clown fish casting is a FAIL! Remolding for The big Orca kit. PFFFHGHT! BFA!!

At this rate you should have a flotilia of fishing boats soon. (y)

That is unless the deranged clown fish does not swallow them all. :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

It's a Fail, but still funny!! :rotf Everything in this Life is a learning process. I poured a new clown fish mold, and the upper 1/2 of Mr. Whitey this eve.

Thanks for looking in and laughing along!!

The "1/700 Small Boat set" in also in the offing. Moon Pup's requested S.S. Minnow, Humphrey Bogart's Queen Conch, from "To Have & Have Not", new USCG Defender 250, 32 foot sailboat, Orca, 16-foot RHIB Boat. Whatever else my busted Brain can dream up!

I've sailed off the Chart. I'm underway on a following Sea, making good time with no idea where I'm going.

Back