• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

revell 1/110 HMS Bounty, wip

decided to try a ship for something different!
I picked up a few of these old revell kit to get started with. first up is the Bounty.

qosg1z.jpg

2hzp9pd.jpg

116rvk0.jpg

1vwy1.jpg

2j0azwo.jpg

j7ageu.jpg

some initial weathering on the copper, used gun blue sprayed on with a mist sprayer, will add the green colors with oils at the end of the build.

rr6wba.jpg

2jcty1l.jpg

hwifz4.jpg

got paint on her, I airbrushed it with craft acrylics, on the wood parts I used oils over a tan craft paint. sealed everything with liquitex flat varnish, also painted one of the little crew guys

ae4mco.jpg

s5h6ht.jpg

6f4cpf.jpg

24cv4oh.jpg

wbbgcz.jpg

15fkak0.jpg

k3n61u.jpg

What no breadfruit? :D

Impressive work so far, more so considering the mold date.

Does the copper tape hold well?

lol, yeah the tape sticks on real nice just like a bare metal foil. Plus I have clear coated over it 4 times now during the painting process so its permanent lol

thanks!
I got some more parts painted, I wanted the masts to be a lighter color than the rest of the wood like an oak looking color so I painted them with flesh craft paint then went over with raw umber oils and some paynes grey to make shadows

also went with a bronze figure head, it shows the nice detail in it better than painting it i think

rabus0.jpg

30mquyc.jpg

ao1cmu.jpg

2i6l0cw.jpg

ibfn6o.jpg

I'm no stranger to all things styrene, but my eyes are having a hard time not believing that is not a wood model. Outstanding.

Really sharp work. One thing though if they are Sails attached to the Spars, they should be attached to the underside of them and not on top of them.....Cheers Mark

Back