• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Flakrakete Rheintochter I

jknaus

Administrator
I dont know if I can get this done in time but will try. Forgot a startup pic though. So I'll just do this without the ribbon.

h232327d.jpg

hb809e13.jpg

I am going to be doing modifications to this to better fit what I think it would look like if built.
James

I got this one waiting in the wings. It's a nice kit other than having to glue the two guide horns on each track which is totally stupid! :bat

Have fun with it
:v

Okay I have the running gear done on this and part of the hull. I need to order a couple of things so it probably wont get finished in time but it should be fun for me anyways. Started working on the launcher and some very fiddly parts not really shown well in the instructions. Anyways I sat there looking at it wondering why I was building the first sub assembly. In the back of my mind I knew what it was but I was building anyways. So I looked a bit further on and the first sub assembly is the shell fuser. You dont need that for this build So aside it went. I have some ideas so I'm going to draw them out and this weekend as I start my holidays I can work on some of those ideas. Getting excited about it. I'll post some pics when there is something worth posting so stay tuned.
James

Well not getting the modeling I want yet but some bench time today. I'm looking at the tools etc hanging on the sides of the hull and thinking that does not seem right. With the rocket blast I'm thinking they would be damaged etc. So I'm making some panniers for each side whichn would house everything under cover. Got one done and still thinking about if I should put angle iron mounts or weld beads. I made some hinges with .5mm tube over .3mm tube and used some Bronco wing nuts as to close the doors.
Any thoughts?

h2c5d266.JPG

ha7c09e5.JPG

h8ec5394.JPG

hd5e8a18.JPG

James

Well not getting the modeling I want yet but some bench time today. I'm looking at the tools etc hanging on the sides of the hull and thinking that does not seem right. With the rocket blast I'm thinking they would be damaged etc. So I'm making some panniers for each side whichn would house everything under cover. Got one done and still thinking about if I should put angle iron mounts or weld beads. I made some hinges with .5mm tube over .3mm tube and used some Bronco wing nuts as to close the doors.
Any thoughts?

h2c5d266.JPG

ha7c09e5.JPG

h8ec5394.JPG

hd5e8a18.JPG

James

Excellent! This is cool.

Personally I would go with the weld beads. But it would work either way.

Mike

Back