• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Going for an Airplane ride with von Richtohofen

Rhino

Super Moderator
h713c99b.JPG

This is projekt is the responsibility of TWO Modeler's Alliance accompolicies.
Frank wanted to see what von Richthofen's "In Another World" F-104G Starfighter would look like. Then to fuel the process, Mike sent me a linkie to Sprue Brothers "Deal of The Day" with this little Starfighter Kit on sale for $16.00.
I've got scads of 1/72 "Der Baron's Workhorse" decals, SOOOoooooooo......................

Guess what happened inside my addled, old, Noggin!? :hmmm :idonno

The kit comes with crew figures for both the F-104G and the TF-104G. Erich Hartmann in the G-Starfighter and Manfred and I in the TF Jet! DKM Marine markings for 2 Starfighters flying from Germany's aircraft carrier, DKM Karl Donitz?
I may have to revise Der Baron's decal sheet. :smack

Cry HAVOC! Let slip the Dogs of Model Misconduct!!! :yipee :rotf :yipee

h256a049.JPG

Markings for the TF-104G, sized to fit the 'Toon Jet. Shoulder patches & flags for both crew members. :drool
I'm still considering Hartmann's markings for the single-seater from the same Ship.

If I never built another model kit that wasn't fun, I would never regret it! I'm sure "Serious Modelers" will tear their clothes and gnash their teeth while I screw off with yet ANOTHER silly-assed model idea!
I CAN compete with regular Aircraft modelers! I just clearly choose NOT TO!

hcd4ad41.JPG

This is to illustrate that things here at IAW decals don't ALWAYS go as expected.
Sometimes you eat the Bar. Sometimes the Bar eats you, Dude.

Decals for my Workhorse project. Yes Friends! a "straight" airplane model. (2 Actually!) I need to print theses on clear & white laser decal sheet. Evidently Lazarus wants a little more attention!

It our Hobby, so it's important, but No lives were lost, or ever will be if a model project doesn't go quite right.

Sweet! This looks like it will be a fun project to follow. I wanna see pics of the Karl Donitz with the Starfighters on it! LOL! Hmmmm... That gives me a bit of an idea... if I can source some 1/700 scale Starfighters and other aircraft used by the Germans postwar.

I'm sorry to see that happen to your decal sheet. Looks like the kind of thing that happens to me a lot. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.

With the print fixed, I know we will be graced with progress.
The Baron must fly.
Frank
:drinks

My apologies to My Fellows.
Work on this project has been delayed by casting the last bit of polyethylene liquid plastic on hand to minimize possible waste.
I'll get cracking on these two toon beauties soon!

I Pwomise!!

It is Airbrush Day today!
Cutting sprue, enjoying plenty of good coffee (and chuckling to myself) Toon Baron airplane ride takes off!

h5dbd6a5.JPG

Helmets for the toon figures. The visor on my helmet will be up. I'm hoping for clearance enough inside the canopy to turn my little Toon figure's head to look at the camera from the backseat of the TF-104G.

hba23dfc.JPG

Flight suits. The green one is mine.

h2118e7a.JPG

h1b14953.JPG

Other painted Starfighter parts!

Model Mischief continues................. :yipee :rotf
Thanks for looking in!

Back