• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rafale - Paint done

ij001

My entry:

h6da7021.jpg

h277a644.jpg

Got three or four colour schemes in mind - none of them French, not yet decided how it will look.

AFN

Ian.

Rafale

The back-story will depend upon the colour-scheme... just need to make some decisions regarding decals & paints.

Ian.

Rafale

Very like any F-16 kit, the fuselage halves are split upper & lower. Many sub assemblies have been built-up and glued into both halves in this pic.

h4a6b5ac.jpg

The 'tape-together' highlights the terrible 'disconnect' under the cockpit and around the intake. This is the fourth RoG Rafale that I've built (all What If's), so I know how to deal with it all.

Ian.

Rafale

Pit finished and installed.

h752d26f.jpg

h7238095.jpg

h803203f.jpg

Next I'll be wrestling the reluctant fuselage halves together - should be lots of fun :java

Stay tuned.

Ian.

Rafale

It's together, there's a lot of filling & blending, but it is ready now for priming.

h6f143a5.jpg

Have a great weekend all.

Ian.

Ahhh, haaaaa !

EHtI9ff.jpg

cU35jXk.jpg

Three or possibly four coats of Tamiya acrylic white and my own red/orange mix - so now you can see what I have in-mind. As ever all questions comments and outrage welcomed.

Have a great weekend all.

Ian.

Thank you all, yep Edwards 'Chase Plane': So, 'What If' the USAF decided it needed a contemporary two seat fifth gen' fighter to act as a Chase Plane out at Edwards AFB. What choices are there ? - Eurofighter, Sukhoi 27/33, MiG 29, Pakistans' JF-17 & Taiwans' AIDC F-CK-1B... and the Rafale. So politically the obvious choices are the Eurofighter and the Rafale - my choice however was informed by the fact that I have never successfully finished a 1:48 Eurofighter, but I have built four other Rafales and had another three in the stash !

To be honest, it was between this and an Aggressor but as I've done a few of them, I decided to build something with a more challenging finish. Even tho' I mapped-out the paint scheme, now that the masking is off I don't like the way the red-orange stops at the bottom of the fin. I'll extend it down over that ridge until it meets the fuselage and then back over the boom to the ECM housing at the very back.

Glad you like it and thanks for all the positive comments - never taken for granted.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

Wow Ian! This was fast! Sensational work on it too! I love this!

For all I know; my brother-in-law would probably have flown this if they did have them while he was stationed at Edwards.

Thanks Mark, actually it took longer than I thought to get to this point because of other projects and 'real life' getting in the way.

More soon.

Ian.

Back