• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Manfred's Workhorse 1/72 FW-190-A8

Rhino

Super Moderator
Having had a great fondness for Baron Von Richtofen since the first time he vanquished Snoopy's Sopwith Dog-house, I imagine his leadership of the Luftwaffe in WWII, had he not been killed some years before.

h5822a2a.JPG

h05612ad.JPG

For myself, being of proud German heritage, I would gladly have supplanted old Round-Bottomed Goring with Der Baron!
SO I WILL HERE!!
:drinks :rotf :yipee :eek:ldguy :pilot :rotf

I have often wondered what would the BOB have turned out to be with Manfred in charge instead of Goering.

These original-tool Hasegawa kits sell for a little bit of nothing in the on-line model world. They're still pretty good models.
What better to make a stained, chipped, shop-worn Defender of Germany.
I imagine Der Baron would sooner fly & fight to defend his homeland, rather than sit at the feet of Nazi martinets.

h5e9feb8.JPG

NOW I remember why I bought so many newer toolings of the Focke-Wulf! :stinker

h96de968.JPG

A little paint..............
I'm trying to deny my cockpit detail brain and not add a bunch of stuff I know is in there. Hasesgawa-San is a mite slim on interior detail.. I did add a stick.

h245adde.JPG

The harness doesn't look too bad............

h15ece67.JPG

ha44c781.JPG

Old Hasegawa Tooling, Traditional Techniques.

ha7acb6c.JPG

In spite of the kit's age, the clear parts are amazingly clear. Another old-school trick:
:eek:ldguy Before you Young whipper-snappers had your vac-canopies & photo-etched fiddle-faddle, us Old Farts used to color the edges of the clear parts to match the color of the part of the bug-smasher they connect to. :bang head
Stop whining! Putcher Airplane together! :smack
:eek:ldguy :pilot :drinks :stinker

h3bb4a89.JPG

Another of my favorite tricks. Brass boss & shaft make travel damage less likely, and add to model fun!

he2799ca.JPG

Canopy on. Just mask it now, then seal. Paint coming right up!
Vielen Dank fur dem ansehen!

Back