• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter E 10

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Among Rommel's deployment to England is the Entwicklungshahrzeug E 10. Low profile, fast moving and stealthy, it is equipped with a deadly new weapon, night vision. With the ability to see in the dark, this predator is making the Brits fear the night.

h548d1a5.JPG

h2b746d9.JPG

This kit comes with lots of goodies from Trumpeter and I'm adding some items pirated from other kits. Really looking forward to diving into this one!

Thanks for coming by!

:drinks

Last day of Christmas vacation, so I decided to start the kit I had all the parts for. :laugh: I started assembly just before two and had to knock off about 5. Union rules, you know. :rotf

hcdee728.JPG

The kit comes with a nice fret of PE.

h8b1b6af.JPG

There's nine grab handles on the upper hull, I really couldn't stand the thought of sanding the kit parts, so I broke out the Etch Mate and a piece of stranded copper electric wire, annealed it and pulled it through the rubber tipped pliers to straighten it. The Etch Mate has fingers to make various sized grab handles, all you have to do is find the right one, insert your wire and bend up the ends so it looks like a staple. I'll drill out the holes and use a thin strip of Evergreen stock to gauge the clearance when I install the handles. That way, you don't have to sweat making both legs the same length. Glue them in from the back side and you're done! B)

hd52bef2.JPG

That's all for today, thanks for coming by!

Thanks to all who have commented! This is a pretty good kit so far, lots more to come. Thanks for coming by!

No progress yesterday, Chris and I went to Hickory, NC to the Hobbytown USA where the monthly meeting of the Hickory club meets.

hd56a596.jpg

Yep, Statler and Waldorf road trippin'. B)

We had a great time, with many interesting modelers and many models. They had an air brush seminar, everyone seemed to have a great time. I got resupplied on essentials, so I'm good for awhile.

I had several things going today and got a little time at the bench, here are the results.

I like to cut my grab handles long and glue them in from the back, so I use a block of styrene strip to gauge the height of the handle.

hbf778d6.JPG

The kit exhausts need help, the one on the left has been drilled, the one on the right is OOB.

hda635c6.JPG

Upper hull attached and all the handles in place.

hb1f49d9.JPG

Rear plate attched, going to add welds to all of this next weekend.

ha57021c.JPG

h57a2154.JPG

There's a serious gremlin infestation in my shop, think I need to really stink it up to run them out.

Gremlin_3.jpg

Gremlin_Girl.jpg

Beetlejuice.jpg

Several things have gone missing of late, I'm the only one in the shop, maybe I need another approach?

Grand_Torino.jpg

Much more to come, thanks for dropping by! Get me a beer, this one's empty.

Back